WnSoft Forums

A new program for PTE users

boxig

"Path77" + "GetPath"

This program was made for PTE users.

"Path77" Features:

1. Drag and drop any File to the box window.

2. Drag and drop all files in a folder by dragging the Folder.

3. Show all dragged files with all their full paths.

4. Show all dragged files with names and extension only.

5. Delete any dropped file.

6. Save a list of all files with paths to a TXT file: "PathList.txt".

7. Save a list of all files with paths to HTM file: "list.htm".

8. Open any List you previously saved.

9. Sort files by alphabetic order and save list of sorted files.

10. Choose any file and copy full path to clipboard.

11. Choose any file and open it (including exe and pte).

12. Create a special editable Memory page and load it when needed.

13. Choose Memory items and copy to clipboard for further pasting.

14. Search all drives for ".PTE" files and create a List.

15. Copy path of any ".PTE" file to clipboard.

16. Open any ".PTE" file with PicturesToExe (by click on "Open").

17. Open any ".PTE" file as a text file (Notepad or Wordpad).

18. Search for ".PTE" files only in "Template" folder and create a List.

19. Use list to open, run or copy path of files.

20. Search all files with same extension in any folder you choose.

21. Search any partial file name in any folder you choose.

22. Create a backup file to current list as "PathList2.txt".

23. Minimize program by click on arrow down on your keyboard.

24. You can use all features not only for "pte" and "exe" files.

"GetPath" Features:

1. Drag and drop any File to the box window.

2. Drag and drop all files in a folder by dragging the Folder.

3. Show all dragged files with names and extension only.

4. Choose any file and copy full path to clipboard.

5. Save a list of all files with paths to a TXT file: "PathList.txt".

6. Create a backup file to current list as "PathList2.txt".

7. Minimize program by click on arrow down on your keyboard.

8. You can use all features not only for "pte" and "exe" files.

Notice:

These two programs are Shareware and come in one setup including

uninstall function. The programs have no limitations of any kind

and are fully functional. You can download the zip file (1516 kb)

from my web site (program No. 39).

See long overview below

Thank you

Granot

Granot, you are on a rampage! Every one will have to admonish you like we do Igor - to not kill yourself off with your pace of programing. :)

I know I am not keeping up with all the features you are publishing. As you like to think "outside the box", some of us may find ourselves at least temporarily bounded by the "box." On your latest "Path77" & "Get Path" you have painstakingly listed many "features". Can you also give us a brief "overview" or narrative to help some of us understand better what the purpose and benefit of these programs may be.

Thanks friend.

Robert.... and all other members,

Here is a very very "short" overview:

Purpose and Benefit of "Path77" for PTE users:

When we do a presentation we can choose our images and sounds in two ways. Either we use the left window to move between folders to find and add our files, or we collect them all in one folder for later use. Both ways we have to travel a lot in our explorer. Then we make a template which results is losing big space, unless we delete the images from their original folders. Doing a template is a good way to keep trace of your images used in presentations. But there is one disadvantage: If you want to keep your original images in their original locations, you loose a lot of space each time you make a template.

Here is example: I came back from a trip to Thailand with 2500 pictures of total of 250 MB. Then I made several presentations with different topics, using some of those images in each presentation. I keep my 2500 images in different folders, sorted by towns. But my presentations uses images from different folders. If one presentation is "Flowers from Thailand", I need to select those flower images from each town. When making the presentation is finished, I make a template, which copies all flowers images to a new folder. Now I have two duplicates of my flowers pictures, one in the template folder, and one scattered between all towns folders. I lose 30 MB. In my second presentation, "Temples in Thailand", I run the same process and lose another 30 MB.

Here comes "Path77". You can pre arrange "Lists" of files scattered all over your computer. I made one list of flowers images, one list of temples images, one of children images etc. When I want to make a presentation of "Children of Thailand", I open new project in PTE and choose any available picture and "add" it many times. Now I load to "Path77" the List called "Children.txt", select an image, click on "copy to clipboard" and paste over an existing image path in PTE (one of the many slides I made before with "any available picture"). I can use a previously made "pte" file, make a copy of it, and past paths of images from List over existing paths. By the way, this works also in reverse. You can copy images paths from PTE, one by one, and past them to a text file, creating a List, which you can always call with "Path77".

It sounds like actually we have done nothing special since we can browse with PTE to each image between our folders. I agree, if you don't have many images on your computer in many folders. But if you are a professional photographer, you probably have dozens or hundreds of folders, sorted by this or other way. You can make lists of each folder, which take a second with "Path77", or make any list you think will be useful in the future. To continue my example, here are some of the other lists I made: Lists by towns, Lists by landscapes, Lists of faces, Lists of festivals etc.

Instead of making folders for each topic and thus keeping duplicated images, I keep Lists of topics. When you finish you photographing, you sort your images the way you like them to be. First you make a list for each folder. Then you make different lists by different topics. Since each list is few kb only, you can make dozens of lists. For example: Cars, Trees, Sunsets, Old people,Babies etc. When you need a picture of Sunset, just upload "Sunset.txt" and you can see all sunset images in all your computes, regardless of file name, you can open to see the image, and you can copy the path straight to PTE slide or even as "Image Object".

Image Object: to copy the path straight to Image Object, just click on "Image Object" when "Object Editor" is open and past the full path from "Path77". To do the reversed way, stand on the Image object, open properties, copy full path and past to List in a new line.

Other uses are pretty obvious: Make a list of all pte files in template folder or from all your computes. You can open each pte file in two ways: One is open in PTE, that means you open the project itself, and the other is to open the pte file as a text file just to look or make changes (for more advanced users).

Another use is for comments, messages and all other text inserted to your project. For this you use "Edit Memory" and "Load Memory". The program keeps a "Memory.txt" which is a list of all texts you need and often use, like URL, email, copyright message, your name etc. You keep all those texts in the memory and load the memory list, chose the text and past to PTE.

As for HTM, this version creates a simple HTM from a list, but in next version all paths will be linked to the source.

And last: there are two search options which are very useful. You can use "Path77" not only for PTE uses but all around in your other works. For example: you can keep in Memory List all kinds of stuff like passwords, important urls, birthday dates, text to past etc. Notice that you can write a long text for each line, and unless you add "Enter", all text will be copied.

Purpose and Benefit of "GetPath" for PTE users:

And not only for PTE users - Extracts full paths of single or multi files (if you drag and drop a folder or few files) and copy full selected path to clipboard. I find this feature very useful, don't you ?

For any question please ask me.

...and before I say goodbye, I just uploaded to my site a new free program (No. 40) which can be of some use. You chose a folder and you can see in a slide show all JPG and BMP images and have some other features too.

It is called "PhotoAlbumSlide".

Thanks

Granot