WnSoft Forums

Paris 3 D first anaglyph slideshow

JPD

Hi,

One of the members of the French Forum Diapositif, Bernard Sullet, realized a slide-show using anaglyphs, probably the first with PTE (4.48). This slide-show in 3 dimensions is absolutely fantastic. It is necessary to have special glasses to see it (red on left, cyan on right), you can found these glasses on the net with Google if you haven't them.

Click on Paris 3D to download it.

Many thanks to Bernard Sullet for sharing

I have two pair of thoses special glasses. I discovered it with my girlfriend.

And we were both stomached.

We think that it is AB-SO-LU-TE-LY AMAZING!

I've NEVER seen such a 3D effect, even in movies nor in amusement parks !

Thank you so much for sharing.

Great great idea, PERFECTLY done !

I'm wondering how it would work with PZR... ;)

IMHO, a good idea would be to start a slideshow with "flat" images and in the middle of it, to show this 3D effect. Not for too long though, because 5 minutes after watching this show, I still have a little vision problem.

Anyway, Jean-Pierre, please send my congratulations to the author.

And could you ask him if I can host this slideshow on my site ?

Thanks.

We think that it is AB-SO-LU-TE-LY AMAZING!

I exactly think the same thing, I made some anaglyph, and I can say how it's difficult to do them in a town where there are many people and many cars which move and you need to take 2 photos for each view.

A very great work for a very nice result.

It's possible that it will be also done with V5, I asked Bernard Sullet about this.

JP,

Thank-you for bringing this amazing 3D AV production to us, and please pass on our thanks to Bernard for agreeing to make his show and also his other superb AV's available to us. I just watched Paris 3D projected onto a 100-inch screen, and it felt like I was right there on the Champs Elysees and in front of the Eiffel Tower and the other great Paris attractions. Great photographs!

The potential for PTE applications just keeps on becoming broader and more diverse all the time. :)

Anaglyph sequences are great fun to make, and much easier now that the whole thing can be done digitally. One of the best freeware programs is Anabuilder, which allows you to to adjust the point of focus before saving the anaglyph.

For anyone in the Midlands area of the UK, I'll be doing a demonstration of how to make one at the East Midlands AV Day at Narborough this coming Sunday (29th Oct).

I've just finished a new 3D sequence with v5 using some zoom effects, and the effect is quite startling!

Re the point about moving from 2D to 3D in a show - I have actually tried this, but it doesn't really work. There is a distinct feeling of dis-orientation as the 3D image appears, and it takes quite a while for the brain to adjust to the new apparent depth.

Red/Cyan glasses can be bought on Ebay for about 35p per pair, depending on the quantity purchased.

Ian

As Ian say there is AnaBuilder which seems to be one of the best, and which is in French, English, Spanish.....

There are also two good products :

StereoPhoto Maker French/English

AnaMaker English

Bernard used both AnaBuilder and StereoPhoto Maker.

Generally I made the same picture with at least 2 tools (sometimes 3) and choice the best result. It's often AnaBuilder.

There are many other tools, but these one are free. I haven't test others.

And could you ask him if I can host this slideshow on my site ?

Please, TheDom contact him directly on Diapositif, he will happy you congratulate him directly, he also speak french :-)

please pass on our thanks to Bernard

I will tell him if he doesn't go on Wnsoft forum.

A new version has been done with the help of Diapositif's members with PTE V5 adding some effects of Pan, zoom and 3rd picture which make this slideshow more attractive than with V4.

Of course it has been made in order to run on most of the PC with a 32 mb graphic card or more.

I hope you will enjoy Paris 3D V5

Many thanks to Bernard Sullet for sharing this new version.

Thank-you very much Jean Pierre for this transformation of my Paris 3D with PTE V5, this is fantastic and impressive... :rolleyes: This is a pleasure to work with you and it was a great and beautiful idea of you. This version in V5 on my old PC (32 Mo memory) this is really fluid and impeccable... you are a champion JP. :D

Merci l'artiste ! amitiés.

Merci TheDom for your congratulations.

Great photographs!

Thank-you All for your assessment, just a fascinated photographer...

Red/Cyan glasses can be bought on Ebay for about 35p per pair, depending on the quantity purchased.

I hope that the quality is good? for this always is not evident...

I am impatient to see your slideshow in 3D...

Thank-you Ian

I've just finished a new 3D sequence with v5 using some zoom effects, and the effect is quite startling!

It would be very nice if you could put it on Wnsoft forum. It must be also impressive.

It would be very nice if you could put it on Wnsoft forum. It must be also impressive.

I've made a couple of "scenic" 3D sequences but they aren't one line yet. I've just uploaded another one though which I thought would be suitable for Halloween!

I've also made a standard 2D version for all those people who don't have red and cyan coloured eyeballs...

see Hampden Pye sequences

Have fun!

smiley-ana.jpg

I have just watched your Hampden Pye Anaglyph, Ian. It is truly great and your narration fantastic. Well done. With your permission I will show it to Sutton Camera Club AV Group at our November meeting. Best wishes.

Ron [uK]

Hello JPD and Canteau

Fantastic job and shock result for your Paris 3 D :):)

The sensation of depth is truly unbelievable for some images (church interior, bridge, statues...).

Well done !

Concerning the béta V5 version, all transitions are polished as silk :( A delight.

Hello Ian

Very good introduction shot and transition from B&W to color !!

Unfortunately, this slideshow, done with the béta V5 of PTE, shows immediatly after, stuttering transitions, even for the simpliest of them (fade in and out) and finally, the show stops (... but the sound goes, unconcerned, on !) just after the image of the cannon in the boat. :(:(

[AMD Athlon 1.01 GHZ, SDRAM 512 MB, NVIDIA GEFORCE 2MMX, 32MB Video memory]

Hello JPD and Canteau

Fantastic job and shock result for your Paris 3 D smile.gif smile.gif

The sensation of depth is truly unbelievable for some images (church interior, bridge, statues...).

Well done !

Concerning the béta V5 version, all transitions are polished as silk sad.gif A delight.

Thank-you Patrick,

Very difficult to succeed good quality anaglyph especially in city, but this is a fascinating and very interesting work.

Concerning the version V5, this our "Einstein" JPD that did miracles with the smooth transitions... :D

Au plaisir

Hello JPD and Canteau

Fantastic job and shock result for your Paris 3 D :):)

Well done !

Concerning the béta V5 version, all transitions are polished as silk :( A delight.

Hello Ian

Very good introduction shot and transition from B&W to color !!

Unfortunately, this slideshow, done with the béta V5 of PTE, shows immediatly after, stuttering transitions, even for the simpliest of them (fade in and out) and finally, the show stops (... but the sound goes, unconcerned, on !) just after the image of the cannon in the boat. :(:(

[AMD Athlon 1.01 GHZ, SDRAM 512 MB, NVIDIA GEFORCE 2MMX, 32MB Video memory]

Hi Patrick,

Does your computer have an AGP slot? If so, there are several places on the web where you can order a 128 meg ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card for $87 U.S. Dollars. My old 9800 Pro Card finally died on me after a number of years of very hard use and I just replaced it (the original price on these were around $500 U.S.D.). These graphic cards will play the most difficult and high RAM slideshows a smooth as silk. I know that it's possible with attention to file size, etc., to get perfectly smooth transitions and animations with your present graphics card, but the future will bring only more difficulty when other companies also go to hardware rendering, so perhaps a new graphics card will be useful?

Best regards,

Lin

Does your computer have an AGP slot? If so, there are several places on the web where you can order a 128 meg ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card for $87 U.S. Dollars. My old 9800 Pro Card finally died on me after a number of years of very hard use and I just replaced it (the original price on these were around $500 U.S.D.). These graphic cards will play the most difficult and high RAM slideshows a smooth as silk. I know that it's possible with attention to file size, etc., to get perfectly smooth transitions and animations with your present graphics card, but the future will bring only more difficulty when other companies also go to hardware rendering, so perhaps a new graphics card will be useful?

Hi Lin

Until now everything works very fine on my PC (mostly office work), so that I have no intention to buy something which I will just need to read PTE V5 slideshows !!! :blink::blink::blink:

But your idea is a good one. I will tell the informaticians of my Hospital where I work to buy new graphic cards for the hundreds of PC's running here and by the way ... buy a little bit memory and change Win 98 for XP (perhaps they are awaiting the Vista version !). So I will have a chance to share my future V5 slideshows with my colleagues ! :D:D:D

JPD's Paris 3 D created from Canteau's one with PTE beta V5 runs very smoothly on my PC.

So it is possible to have V5 slideshows running everywhere.

Why not just then use basic rules instead buying new features ????

Hi Lin

Until now everything works very fine on my PC and for what I do (mostly office work) so that I have no intention to buy something, I will just need to read PTE V5 slideshows. :blink::blink::blink:

Sorry if I didn't make it clear that it's not "just" for PTE slideshows, but for many other things which will shortly become standardized as the Vista operating system replaces the present XP and earlier systems. Vista will "require" a different system and within a couple years anyone still running older graphical systems will not be able to see many of the newer video type shows, etc.

But your idea is a good one. I will tell the informaticians of my Hospital where I work to buy new graphic cards for the hundreds of PC's running here and by the way ... buy a little bit memory and change Win 98 for XP (perhaps they are awaiting the Vista version !). So I will have a chance to share my future V5 slideshows with my colleagues ! :D:D:D

Well, hopefully the hospital has more important things to do than run P2E slideshows or any other slideshows but they "will" eventually upgrade or loose the ability to be in touch with the rest of the world. I wouldn't suggest they "upgrade" their video cards to the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro because there are not enough of them available anyway, but there are a few and at greatly reduced prices.

JPD's Paris 3 D created from Canteau's one with PTE beta V5 runs very smoothly on my PC.

So it is possible to have V5 slideshows running everywhere.

Why not just then use basic rules instead buying new features ????

Yes, I'm quite aware of that and also aware that it's "possible" to have version 5 slideshows run with limited video strength, but "everyone" won't "use basic rules" because they don't have to because the "majority" of those viewing the slideshows have environments which don't require this. Computers are commodity items which get replaced with newer and faster versions on a fairly regular basis. Why then doesn't Microsoft and Apple design their operating systems so that they will work with the older systems now running Windows 95? Because that's the way technology advances. The power is available to do things which can't be done with older technology and whether we "like" it or not and whether is makes "sense" to us or not it will happen. We can either accept it and get on board or suffer the consequences, but my friend we will not change the inevitable.

Some day you too will have a newer and faster computer which will have no problems running "any" slideshow whether P2E or other program which uses the power of a modern graphical environment. It's "cheaper" to buy an upgraded graphics card than to buy a whole new system and there are some great prices now available on very good older equipment which has the power to greatly improve the performance of your present system and stall the inevitable purchase of a new one for some time.

Best regards,

Lin

Sorry Lin, but it is you that is not in touch with the reality and not me !!!

Yes I have an "old" PC but the great majority of the PC users don't upgrade even just the drivers of there video card or the software they use.

In my hospital Win 98 is the standard system (75%) and as I know we have a very good reputation and don't kill our patients because Vista will not be implemented before many years on the majority of our PC.

Of course the hospital has more important things to do than run P2E slideshows but for universitary, communication or education purposes it can be .... instead of Powerpoint .... and we have Powerpoint 95 inplemented, but have no fear, we have scanners, pet scans, we do liver and heart transplantation, and so on !!!

I will of course buy, in the next months, a new sytem (PC and his system) but I will after all be mindful of creating documents, executables, and so on ... which my correspondents wil be able to read with the same end result as the one I have on my proper PC !

You have a PC, drivers, software, system up to date ... but that is not the case of the majority of us !

Everybody works as he want, but there is a little difference between a tool as PTE, Proshow, mobjects... and a tool like Photoshop, Paintshop, Word, Excel and so on, if you have less power, with these tools, it will take 5 seconds to to a job against 1 second with a power PC, you'll just wait 4 seconds more, that's not a problem. But with PTE and similar tools if an effect is of one second, it must be of one second on all PC.

If I try to make slideshow which don't need too much power, it's not for those who can easily buy a new card, it's enough easy for me, for instance to change my graphic card (I bought a new one recently), but many people haven't enough money to buy a new one or don't know how to do, and they will never say they can't see a slideshow because they haven't enough money (even it's cheap) or because they don't know how to to.

I directly know many people who have one of this two problems to day.

This problem isn't only for PTE, yesterday, Timothy from Photodex support wrote to a french user of Proshow "Performance in ProShow can be improved by breaking large shows into smaller and more manageable pieces". The size of the slideshow isn't a problem for PTE but those of the pieces is near the same in PTE.

That's right that in one or 2 years, we can hope people will have at least 128 mb graphic cards, and will be abble to read the slideshows we do today, but at this moment other people will probably have 1 or 2 Gb on their graphic card, it will be the same problem as to day if they made slideshows which run only on 1Gb at least graphic card memory.

I exactly do the same thing that it was done for puzzle (see here and here), try to do something which works fine everywhere, it's better for everybody and it's better for PTE promotion.

I am sure that now everybody who had a problem in the past try to don't have once a more the same problem when making a new slideshow, it's we generally call experience (at least in french). I think it's good to put all these experiences in some basic rules. I think the only discussion which is above, in fact, is about the definition of a basic PC, not about the idea of rules.

Jean-Pierre (JPD) you "speak" very cleverly and I praise very much all your efforts to bring down the gates which limits the pleasure we can have "reading" a good slideshow and good photos.

Just one remark.

By chance, I have no problem to buy a graphic card which costs less than 100 dollars but what I hate overall is the arms race imposed by software creators thinking we have all the time and money to change every 6 months one or more of our PC component or upgrade drivers (with a great chance to have problems !!!) just to go ahead with there magnificent ideas !

Just an other point. If I change my graphic card then I will have problems because I will then be obliged to run tests on Hospitals PC's to be sure that my slideshows (all professionnel dedicated ones) can, in fact, be read as smoothly as on my home PC.

Be sure that I then begin anew using Powerpoint !!!

I realy don't understand why some have great problems to envision that all planet is not at their image or who takes their wants as realities !!!!

what I hate overall is the arms race imposed by software creators

Yes, I understand but Lin is right when he says it's "inevitable", and Wnsoft is obliged and is right to use the news technologies to keep a good place in slideshow. We just need to have a good use of this tool and all will be the best in the best world.