WnSoft Forums

saving presentation

freebird

yes thamks guys, all ok. Just had a phone call to say presentation good and made an impact on the Execs in our local authority.......

thank you again,

and yes followed the link, lovely place. I'd love to live there.........

you and your colleagues/friends are in my favourites now..lol......

just a click away

Freebird x

Wow! I was not involved in the slightest in this story, but I read every entry with great interest. This is a testimony to the calibre of people that belong to this forum.

Freebird, you have experienced it now... isn't it great!

I try very hard not to exploit this kind help, but it's wonderful to know it's there when you need it!

Thanks, guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry if I am duplicating a question but I have been trying to solve this all day and I'm now tearing my hair out.

I've managed to do a couple of presentations and passed them on to the presenter to play on their PC or Laptop with no problem but this one I've done today, I saved to disk in the usual way but they can't play it on their PC.......

It's needed for 9.00am in the morning ( WED) if any one is online can you help me out please.

Thanks.

I don't have an answer to your question, but i hope you don't mind me asking one of you!

I've prepared several slideshows for client (with music) but can't seem to get them onto disk for my clients! I've saved them as .exe files and use my 'sonic now' to burn on disk but the computer then cannot pick it up as a slideshow - or it comes up with an error!!! Help, the product is wonderful but only if I can pass it on!

Thank you for your help! Melissa

I don't have an answer to your question, but i hope you don't mind me asking one of you!

I've prepared several slideshows for client (with music) but can't seem to get them onto disk for my clients! I've saved them as .exe files and use my 'sonic now' to burn on disk but the computer then cannot pick it up as a slideshow - or it comes up with an error!!! Help, the product is wonderful but only if I can pass it on!

Thank you for your help! Melissa

Hi Melissa,

For a Windows computer to play an executable slideshow automatically, there must be a file called "autorun.inf" also on the CD along with the executable file.

I don't have "Sonic Now" so I can't comment on how you copy the fles to the CD, but I can tell you how to make the autorun.inf file. The easiest way is to use the Windows text writer Wordpad. Create a file as follows and save it as an ASCII test file (no formatting)with the filename "autorun.inf".

Below is a sample. Substitute the name of your own executable file for vger2.exe and use everything else as it is below.

[autorun]

OPEN=vger2.exe

ICON=vger2.EXE,0

Once you have created the file and saved it as autorun.inf, then copy both autorun.inf and you own executable file to the cd and any Windows computer should be able to play it assuming the autorun parameter has not been turned off (the default is for it to be enabled).

Best regards,

LIn