WnSoft Forums

Annoying Pop Ups

Mike Reed

I believe it is possible to stop those annoying Pop up messages from Windows which always seem to come in the middle of a show. If anybody knows how please guide me with what needs to be done to put them firmly in their box.

I believe it is possible to stop those annoying Pop up messages from Windows which always seem to come in the middle of a show. If anybody knows how please guide me with what needs to be done to put them firmly in their box.

Mike,

One way is to install the Google toolbar in your browser, and then choose the "popup" blocker add-on.

Hello Mike. What happens if you switch off your internet connection when watching a show?

Ron [uK]

Hello Mike,

I think you are talking about the annoying yellow balloon tips Windows offers you all the time when you don't need them.

There is a registry tweak to get rid of them:

Open your registry (regedit) and find the key:

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called "EnableBalloonTips" and set it according to the value data below

Value Name: EnableBalloonTips

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

If you have never tweaked your registry before, you better create a backup or do a search on the internet to find a tool to do it for you.

Hope this helps.