WnSoft Forums

Transition effects do not work on Beta 8

giljones

Just downloaded Beta 8 and have added slides to check it out. I cannot get the transition effects to work at all. The slides change without any transition at all despite trying various types of transition. Has tis function been disabled in this Beta edition?

Just downloaded Beta 8 and have added slides to check it out. I cannot get the transition effects to work at all. The slides change without any transition at all despite trying various types of transition. Has tis function been disabled in this Beta edition?

Gilbert,

Can you give us a little more information about the pc system you are using (processor, speed, RAM, make of video card & memory installed, etc.)?

What exactly happens when the program transitions from one slide to another? If it can do that at all, then by definition, that is a transition effect. Does it dissolve from one to another?

If you like, send me just the project ".pte" file, and I will have a look to see if there is something amiss with your settings that is preventing proper operation of the slideshow. (alrobin @ alrobinson.com)

Best of luck! :)

Gilbert,

Can you give us a little more information about the pc system you are using (processor, speed, RAM, make of video card & memory installed, etc.)?

What exactly happens when the program transitions from one slide to another? If it can do that at all, then by definition, that is a transition effect. Does it dissolve from one to another?

If you like, send me just the project ".pte" file, and I will have a look to see if there is something amiss with your settings that is preventing proper operation of the slideshow. (alrobin @ alrobinson.com)

Best of luck! :)

Will send you the info on the programme shortly. Just to clarify, the slideschange but I cannot get them to fade and dissolve or any of the effects available do not work, all previous editions have worked OK but this one - just foes not do as it should. . Be in touv

ch soon.Gilbert

Gilbert,

1) What video card installed in your PC?

2) Did you try previous betas of v5.00 ? Or you worked only with old v4.48?

3) Can you play this slide show: http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Flowers.zip

Have had help from Al Robinson re this problem. He has identified that I have a problem with my computer with particular reference to the lack of a good video card.

Previous versions of ver 5 have worked ok until this last one.

Could not open the show of flowers but could open the one which heads up the Beckham Digital ad for their new sound files.

It rather looks as if I might have either to stay with ver 4 and my existing computer or else update my machine and get into the 21st century. I did point out to Al that it would be helpful to know what minimum specification computer is going to be required to enable ver 5 & more to be used without problems.

Just to add to what Gilbert has said, it looks like he has a "built-in" video controller, in an AMD Duron 800-MHz pc. It shares RAM memory and probably isn't adequate for v.5. I recommended he ask Santa for a new pc for Christmas! :)

Gilbert,

1) What video card installed in your PC?

2) Did you try previous betas of v5.00 ? Or you worked only with old v4.48?

3) Can you play this slide show: http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Flowers.zip

When I came to run a current show in course of preparation in ver 4.48 it refused to run as it had already done earlier in the preparation process. Further investigation revealed that the slide list had been wiped clean and the sound already added had been deleted. When I tried to open the above program as you suggested yesterday, I noticed that all I could get was the ver v.4.8 trying to open, but a note appeared saying that PTE no longer supported earlier versions. I thought nothing of it at the time, just shut the programme down and decided that it would not open. Clearly it has had an effect on my existing ver 4.48 as I have now to re make the show that was almost ready to be created.