WnSoft Forums

Tidying up Site

Barry Beckham

1. Thanks Barry for your superb demos.

2. I strongly advise us amateurs out there to visit http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/freestuffdigslidesw2.htm for other material from the 'master'. A master in every sense of the word, both technically and artistically.

3. It's just as well we have an expert(s) to guide us into v5, because quite frankly I can’t see the Help file being much use if v4's effort is anything to go by.

4. Where is the plan to produce a Manual/User's Guide?

5. Clearly the 'advanced user's’ are sufficiently experienced to be able to latch onto the intricacies of v5 without any difficulty. But as an amateur I find it impossible to work out how to use the Pan and Zoom tools.

6. On a 'controversial' subject I've never been able to produce a satisfactory video from v4 so I don't hold out much hope for v5. I know you experts have mastered it, but I have yet to see 'chapter and verse' and a list of hardware you use to substantiate your claims. And please don’t provide links to earlier replies on this forum - I've been there before and don’t find them very helpful.

leonard

.........................On a 'controversial' subject I've never been able to produce a satisfactory video from v4 so I don't hold out much hope for v5. ...........

Have you tried the new "Video" features in v.5 b.8? It's really very simple now.

There will probably never be a "definitive" tutorial on creating DVD's for two reasons:

1. It is too complex a subject, as there are no standards (at least ones that the manufacturers and software developers adhere to) so there are too many possible combinations of computer hardware, players, and software and operating systems out there now for one to produce a methodology which will work for everyone. And, there are many preferred ways of going about it.

It is really a "hobbyist" world, and you have to be willing to read up on all the literature, and experiment with many different possible setups in order to get it right. If you haven't created DVD's yet, then the learning-curve ahead of you is steep and treacherous. Just ask some of the people who have climbed it! :)

2. The technology is changing too fast to be able to keep up with it in a tutorial, unless someone is willing to keep updating it.

Please don't let this discourage you, as the learning process can be a lot of fun if you are willing to play around with this technology - but you may have to change your system of attack and just dive in and start trying things out in order to be successful. And make sure you have a good stack of DVD blanks before you start! :)