WnSoft Forums

AVI Truncated to 6 minutes

Allogagaw

Howdy!

LOVE the new V5 release!!!

Playing with Beta 5.00 #8A and noticed that when creating an AVI the resulting slide show is tuncated to 6:17 minutes.

The Slide original show is actually 11:38 minutes and has 301 slides.

I have played around with various codec settings and screen resolutions and the resulting file changes from

a 20meg file to 70meg, but in all cases the progress counter counts up to 6 minutes (100%) and thinks it is done. The resulting AVI is only 6 minutes long and is truncated around slide 163. The music and slides are probably still in sync... The presentation is just truncated!

I realize this is only a beta and I am not critically needing this feature (yet). Just passing the information along!!!

Any additional thoughts from anyone?

Mark Wilbur

Mark

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5335

posting 15 and 16

maybe some help

Ken,

I did not see the connection with post 15 and 16...

But posting #8 by George and reply #17 by Igor may indeed be related to my problem...

Given the way variables sometimes appear to randomly get reset 52 seconds vs 6:17 minutes may be irrevelant.

I will assume (for the time being) that this is the same bug!

Thanks!

Mark Wilbur

Mark

i said it took me a lot of dinking around to get my test show to end proper -- i am not comfortable with the "sync process" others are very comfortable making adjustments -- Bruce says it is easy in post 16 - and there are many others

- i have never knowingly tried Bruce's method

in any event the sync process is still in beta

ken

Please try newest beta 8R I published yesterday

Sorry Igor... :(

Version 8R produces the same 6:17 video.

One thing that I noticed is that the progress indicator moves very slowly at first. Processing only a little faster than running the show in real time. But after the indicatior hits a point (somewhere past 4 minutes on the counter) it picks up speed then after about the 5 minute mark it races across (from center to right) in about 45 seconds.

I would be happy to send you the files but they are over 600meg (not very pratical)

The PTE file is here:

http://troop374.ods.org/downloads/~2006_10...amporee.pte.txt

(I will be deleting it in a few days)

Either way I will leaving town and NOT be logging into the forum before Satruday (USA CST time)

at the earliest

This is not improtant to me right now. Although it would be a real nice feature for us to use.

Right now, I am only trying to assist you with the Beta

Mark Wilbur

Well....

My problem turned out to be solveable on my end.

The slideshow I was trying to create the AVI for had been created with Version 4.41

The slide show would run correctly in preview mode, but when you when into the "timeline" the Duration was showing 6:17. Deleting the Transition points several times did not solve the problem. Deleting the MP3 did not solve it either! I feel that I tried just about everything I could think of several times over and the duration was still 6:17!!! Finally I did everything that I had already done over and suddenly the duration was correct!

I have no idea what sequence of buttons I pushed to fix it...

But it appears that the REAL problem was that Version 8R did not like the 4.41 file!!!

NOTE: I see now (hidden deeply in another post) that older versions are not compatible with the Video porton of version 8 :huh: