WnSoft Forums

Help with adding music on 4.01

ckfox

I created a new slideshow of 200 slides in 4.01.

I added an mpeg that runs around 4 minutes.

I clicked sync to music.

The first slide appears and the music starts but the slideshow does not advance.

What could be the problem; could the music be too short?

Ken

I don't think "too short" would do that. So I thought - but decided to try it. So new answer based on my quick trial. I set up show with 213 slides, auto-synched to 4 min 6 sec mp3. The show will "hang" in various forms UNLESS I do the following - In project options, effects, uncheck everything EXCEPT do check "Quick (no transition effect)". Runs fine. If I do have the Quick (no transition effect) checked, and also check the "fade/in-out" - it will no longer run properly. I suspect pc power could make a difference from machine to machine. It will be helpful to many of us if you report how your machine does by varying those settings or even by trying different music lengths. Also, picture file size will probably make a difference.

My Bumble Bee Show (see Beechbrook Cottage) uses 275 images in 59 seconds.

It was auto synched (with some attempt at careful placement of some images in the list) with "quick" transactions as the default.

I kept the image files below 100kb and used a 92kphs (right letters ?? :( mp3 file

I tried to use more images, but the show just looped and looped and looped.....

The Fade transition looks beautiful but it uses a LOT of horsepower, so if you have a lot of images, 200 in 4 minutes is a lot, I would expect most computers to have some problems coping with such a show. The other transitions take horsepower too. Plus keep in mind 200 images in 4 minutes leaves slightly more than a second to transition. That is not not enough for anything more than a "cut" (quick transition). You have to leave time for a transition to finish before starting the next one. That is where the grey lines on the TIMELINE helps.

The Bumble Bee Show worked well on some older computers that my normal shows with fades won't function fully smoothly on, but did not work on some new higher powered machines.

There are a lot of factors involved here.

Keep trying varying different combinations until you find a compromise. But you'll have to be aware that such a "heavy" show may not work on other computers