WnSoft Forums

PTE in Future

HvK

Hi Igor,

Please can you tell me if you keep working on version 4 as well or only continue with version 5 (deLuxe or pro) I know a lot of programs that having a normal version and a pro or deLuxe version.

I am asking you this because I had in mind to work out something for version 4 but if all the effort going into version 5, it is not worth putting this extra effort in version 4 as well!

This because if everybody concentrating on the new version I better do the same as well, although version 4.8 is awesome and only might need a few extra changes! (for example deleting of pictures inside your templates within PTE)

Personally I love version 4.8 and it's excellent for doing very nice beamer demonstrations and I can asure you that I will keep working with it. Version 5 is a new concept and a HUGE improvement because now I can think about making TV presentations as well.

Thanks

Hans,

We will not continue works on v4.00 because it's difficult to work on two diffierent programs. And no sense. I I hope to fully replace old v4.48 with new v5.00

PicturesToExe v5.00 should be better in all aspects than previous version. If you don't like that we're using hardware accelleration and DirectX now, since v5.00 beta 9 you will able to turn on second CPU based graphical engine that works excellently on old PCs (with simple transition effects as earlier) and will work even under Windows 95 with very old video card. This old engine will be automatically turned on if slide show sees that no DirectX installed or very old video card. So you can entrust this choice on slide show.

We will offer PicturesToExe v5.00 - $30

and PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 - $50

The only difference between simple and Deluxe editions - Video Builder in Deluxe edition.

Igor its great not to forget to think about all those people that having old machines!

It's no problem for me to develop 2 different shows. One with directX and 1 without. I often did that already by making two equal shows with different screensettings.

Guest Techman1

Igor

Will existing PTE registered users have to pay for PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 or is the revised price structure for new purchases only?

Happy New Year to you and the team

Geoff

Geoff,

From what I have seen previously and just recently again, I believe Igor is going to charge existing customers an upgrade fee for the Deluxe version ($20). That is the difference between the standard version and the new deluxe version. It's really a great deal since any DVD burning software would far exceed that price and it works excellent with PTE 5. I'm very impressed with the new DVD Builder upgrade and can't wait for the final version to be released.

Regards,

Fred