WnSoft Forums

thumbnail sort

LumenLux

I can't figure how . . .

Does someone (or everyone?) know how to manually sort thumbnails using Irfanview? Is it possible to drag & drop and then rename and sort to order desired in PTE? I know how to rename via batch function but not how to do the above. Previous discussions sound like others are using Irfanview this way but I seem to give up everytime I try to use Irfanview for this purpose. What am I missing?

Hello and good morning from Germany. I tried it, but drag and drop in thumbnail-mode doesn´t work.

I hope, that there will sometimes thumbnail-mode in PTE, this is for me one of the importants things I´m waiting for.

T.

LumemLux

Infranview won't allow drag & drop - get ACDSee 5.0 from ACDsystems.com - this program will allow batch resize, rotate, rename plus drag & drop arrangement of thumbnails. After you arrange them in the order you want you will need to rename them with a sequential number so they show up in p2e that way.

ACDSee most definately the fastest viewer and DAM out there.

Good Luck - Shooter

LumemLux

Can you please explain in more details step by step what you want to do. I can check if I can do any utility to make it, but not promise I succeed. But first check my "Thumbi" program, maybe It has some of the functions so I can try and use them.

Granot

No tool or external program. I wish a thumbnail-mode like in the german software - FixFoto - (also available in english language - help not yet in english -) but inside of PTE. I have no fun to change often between different software to sort the images in thumbnail-mode.

http://www.j-k-s.com

It cannot be such a problem to include this into PTE.

T.

To use a software has to be as simple as possible, also for people who doesn´t know much of computers. A few tools are o.k.. But for each new wish for PTE every time a new tool is not good. It´s better to intigrate a part of them into PTE.

This is my opinion. I am not a friend of external programs - in this time thumbnails -. But yet we need them because this mode is not even yet integrated in PTE.

Greetings, T.

Hi lumenlux,

What i do with Irfanview thumbnails is rename them with a number code i.e. "My Show01,02 ect. You can sellect a slide and position it by giving it the number next to the slide it needs to follow in the sequence. If you already have My Show 01 and My Show 02 but find you need to put a slide between them you can call it My Show01a. The Slides will sort as you go and if you find you have a lot of a,b,c ect numbering when you finish you can then use the "rename batch" option to rename all images. I always rename my images after the show title as this makes it easier to find the right image file for P2E.

Alan