WnSoft Forums

Slides not advancing when PTE is not active on Screen

Allogagaw

Sometimes when I am debugging a very long slide show, frequently I want to let the show run and go off to do other things while the show is running.

I may ALT-Tab to my e-mail or something else. Then switch back to the slide show when I am getting close to something I am wanting to pay attention to.

I did not have any trouble using this feature in PTE v4. But this does not seem to work with PTE v5. The music continues to play, but the slides to not change until I Alt-TAB back.

Yes I know there is a "Start Preview from the current slide" feature, but sometimes I do not completely trust that function!

(Isn't it amazing how much trouble we can get into to keep IGOR busy)

Don't forget that "beta is beta". Many PTE items are not yet fully implemented in version 5.

Yes, of course... I know "beta is beta' :D

Just wanting Igor to know about it in case he is intersted in addressing it some day

(in all of his spare time)

I'm curious.. what's not to trust with the "start preview from current slide" option? I've never had it fail to do what it is supposed to do.

Probably nothing at all!!!

Just call me superstitious for wanting to run the show through several times. Start to Finish. Just to BE SURE there is not some sort of problem.