WnSoft Forums

O & A Indicator in V5

Boogie

A note for Igor

I am begiining to appreciate the power of O & A effects in V5. Well done Igor and team.

I have created O & A effects on several slides in a sequence.

On the main screen and timeline, I can see no indicator (or visual 'flag') that there are any O & A's applied on a particular slide. Is it on the "wish list" for V5? If not, it would be very useful to have an indicator to help remind me where O & A effects have been created.

It could be similar to the 'P' box against the 'Customise Sllde' box which indicates where Transition effects have been applied - perhaps next to the 'O & A' box.

Whilst on the subject of 'indicators' (or flags), could the 'P' box next to the 'Customise Slide' box be made more noticeable when a slide effect has been applied? I find the current slightly darker grey 'highlight' not very noticeable when a special effect is applied.

Do any other users have the same problems or suggestions?

Eagerly awaiting V5.9 with the sound sync.

Thanks

Hi Boogie,

Somebody already asked for this feature and - if I remember well - Igor's anwser was that is was not easily feasible because each object has two keypoints by default.

Hi Thedom

That is a shame if no indicator is possible. Was Igor saying that every slide has O & A applied to it by default. Is it not possible to indicate when there is any change from 'the default' position?

Cheers

Boogie

No, every slide has one keypoint by default, but it needs at least 2 in order to have a change in effect applied (e.g. PZR movement). However, you can set values for the single keypoint, which simply moves the image over or rotates it, etc., at the beginning.

No, every slide has one keypoint by default, but it needs at least 2 in order to have a change in effect applied (e.g. PZR movement). However, you can set values for the single keypoint, which simply moves the image over or rotates it, etc., at the beginning.

Once I have planned a sequence and know which images I am going to apply Objects & Animation effects on top of, I just simply change the filename of those images so that they start with "OA-". That way when I look at the list of images in the slide list/timeline panel they are readily identifiable. Simple but effective.

Once I have planned a sequence and know which images I am going to apply Objects & Animation effects on top of, I just simply change the filename of those images so that they start with "OA-". That way when I look at the list of images in the slide list/timeline panel they are readily identifiable. Simple but effective.

KSF

Many thanks for that tip - a really good idea - an example of lateral thinking!!

Boogie

Keith,

I second Boogie's comment - great idea. It would help, though, not only in v.5 but also v.4, if PTE automatically identified images with objects, just as it now identifies images in the file list which have been used in the sequence.

Keith,

I second Boogie's comment - great idea. It would help, though, not only in v.5 but also v.4, if PTE automatically identified images with objects, just as it now identifies images in the file list which have been used in the sequence.

Well done Al

I hope Igor will respond some time in the future. Even to put it on the Wish list.

Boogie