WnSoft Forums

Editing existing PTE files

peterandjean

Hello

When I have created a file one in extension pte and one with extension exe the exe will open but the pte file states that Project files created to EXE v1.00-v1.6 not supported

I actually created the file with PhotoToExe v5s. Will this problem be rectified with the final version as I cannot always finish my show in one go

Jean

Hello

When I have created a file one in extension pte and one with extension exe the exe will open but the pte file states that Project files created to EXE v1.00-v1.6 not supported

I actually created the file with PhotoToExe v5s. Will this problem be rectified with the final version as I cannot always finish my show in one go

Jean

I think you'll find you have to edit it in v5, sounds like you're trying to do it in the older v4.48(or earlier) version?

hth

Jean, to open an existing project (.pte) made with v5, you have to start v5 first and then open your project.

Right now, if you double click on a .pte file, v4 is started and it can not open projects made with v5.

That's why you have the error message "Project files created to EXE v1.00-v1.6 not supported".

I quite sure it's something that will be reactivated in final version (automatically start ptev5 when double clicking on a .pte file).

For the full (?) list of what is missing in v5 (compared with v4.48), see this post : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/viewtopic.php?p=54#54

Jean

As I understand it all will be sorted out in the full version. In the meantime all you have to do is to open PTE 5.0. and open your *.pte file from there. If the file you want was the last one on which you were working it should come up by default. Good luck.

Ron [uK]