WnSoft Forums

More DVD woes. Help please!

Peter S

I have been unable to burn a DVD with the latest Bet (8u). This is the first time I have tried burning with any Beta 5 version but I had some success with 4.8.

I received the following screen message after the files appeared to have been created OK.

Operation failed

Command WRITE(10) Status check condition Sense Key COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR.

I have tried burning 3 times with the same result. I simplified the show after the first failure removing all but one motion effect.

I used a DVD - RW disc and a Sony DVD RW DW-Q30A.

To check the functioning of the DVD writer, between my two attempts, I put the same slides into PSG and this burned a DVD without any problems. I used the same DVD having erased it with Nero to be safe.

This is a quite small experimental show with only 15 slides.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Thanks, we'll investigate this problem and I'll write you on Monday.

Igor,

If it is of any further help I can tell you I created an AVI from the show and burned this successfully using Nero. I had to keep PTE and the AVI file open to do this but the result was OK. As an alternative I tried renaming the avi and making a copy but when I tried to burn this having closed PTE the pictures had vanished.

Peter,

1) Please try to burn other RW or R discs.

2) If you can test this -RW disc only, please make full erasing in Nero (it may takes 15-30 minutes). And then try burn this media in Video Builder again.

3) Are you using default speed setting for burning in Video Builder?

p.s. do you still have that problem with sound in PicturesToExe you've wrote me some time ago?

Igor,

I have tried 3 other formats and have had one success using DVD +RW.

-R gave me the same message as the -RW.

+R gave me a slightly different message after Sense Key it said "CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM. INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT.

My burner should be able to burn all these formats and this is confirmed using Nero to check it.

As I mentioned before it wrote to DVD -RW using another slideshow program.

I was using mp3Pro at 96kbs for my sound files - nice and small for my Zen player. I decided to try 192 kbs ordinary mp3 files for the shows and I have had no problems with them so far including 12 minutes of Beethoven.

Peter

Igor,

Some additional information that might help. Following some help from Ken and Al I identified the files produced by Video Builder. I burned the VOB files to a DVD -RW disc using Nero and the DVD ran perfectly. I guess this means that something in Video Builder is stopping the burning of all DVD formats for my particular burner apart from +RWs. If there is any more detailed info that could help please let me know I will try to provide whatever I can.

I failed to answer one of your earlier questions. Yes I have been using the default burning speed.

Peter

Thank you for testing!

Please could you do the next test:

1) In Video Builder on the last third page (with settings) choose only "Create DVD folders" option and it should create two folders: VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.

2) Please copy these earlier created VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to drive C:\ (C:\VIDEO_TS and C:\AUDIO_TS)

3) Download and run this burning utility:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/BurningUtility.zip (110 KB)

4) If you will work with -RW disc press Erase button before burning, in another case press "Record DVD" button. Please let me know about result.

Igor,

Thanks for the burning utility. I have run several tests with the following results:

DVD -RW 2x disc burned at 2x (no other options) successful

DVD +R 1-4x disc burned at 4x (no other options) successful

DVD +RW 1-4x burned at 4x (2x option available) successful

DVD -R 16 x burned at 16x (12x and 8x available)

ERROR Command - WRITE(10), Status - Check Condition, Sense Key -COMMAND SEQUENCE

ERROR Command - WRITE(10), Status - Check Condition, Sense Key -C

DVD -R 16 x burned at 8x

Appeared to write DVD but not playable on DVD player or PC

DVD -R 8 x burned at 8x

ERROR

DVD -R 8x burned at 4x

ERROR

In summary:- -RW, +RW and +R all burned OK at their default speed using the burning utility. The -R did not work under any of my settings. I tried 2 different makes of disc one a cheap supermarket brand (Tesco) this was the 8x disc, the other Verbatim which was the 16x disc.

A couple of minor points

I only tried the erase the erase feature on the DVD +RW out of curiosity. It worked fine although the message flow was a little strange.

With the -RW disc the "Writing lead out. It could take 3-10 minutes please wait" message was immediately followed (only 1 second time change) by the message "Ejecting disc". The disc was not actually ejected for another ten minutes. BUT IT WORKED.

I hope this helps. It seems there is a DVD jungle out there! How do you ever find your way?

Peter

Peter

"With the -RW disc the "Writing lead out. It could take 3-10 minutes please wait" message was immediately followed (only 1 second time change) by the message "Ejecting disc". "

this is normal -- seems to depend on size of files to complete writing lead out function

"It seems there is a DVD jungle out there! How do you ever find your way?"

instead of thinking about it we experimented asked questions did it again and again many times until we feel kind of confident when we start but we are always surprised when we get a working disk :blink::blink::blink::D

and we watch the flyers for the deals on 100 disk spindles so we can experiment more

RonWil and others jumped right in when we first were able to make a vcd etc

ken B)

• 2 weeks later...