WnSoft Forums

Why can't I add music??

janeleaman

I am so glad I found this forum. I have the 4.31 version of PXE. I have created several slideshows with this but for some reason some songs I can add and some I can't. Tonight I downloaded a song from Walmart.com and it won't play. It is a wma file. What am I doing wrong. I have had this program for quite some time but I have never really figured out how to use it correctly. that is why I am so glad I found this forum. Hopefully I will be able to get some help. I am not very computer literate so bear with me. I just want to be able to do a simple slide show to music and then burn it to a DVD. I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thank you,

Jane Leaman

Jane,

Most mp3's will work, as will most "wav" files. However, the "wav" files should be converted to mp3 for size considerations.

You can find a lot of good free music by doing a search in Google. There is also a lot of music for which you pay a few cents to download, but these are quite often copy-protected and not useable in PTE unless they are converted. A good free music converter is "dbPowerAmp Music Converter". You might have to pay for the "Lame" mp3 codec. However, I believe you can still find free copies on the net.

And, of course with a sound-card, audio editor, and CD player you can "rip" music from CD's and re-save as mp3's. A great free editor is one called "Audacity".

I am so glad I found this forum. I have the 4.31 version of PXE. I have created several slideshows with this but for some reason some songs I can add and some I can't. Tonight I downloaded a song from Walmart.com and it won't play. It is a wma file. What am I doing wrong. I have had this program for quite some time but I have never really figured out how to use it correctly. that is why I am so glad I found this forum. Hopefully I will be able to get some help. I am not very computer literate so bear with me. I just want to be able to do a simple slide show to music and then burn it to a DVD. I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thank you,

Jane Leaman

I had this problem early on with PTE, some discs will not properly let you rip tracks from them. May I suggest you get a free download of a program called Audiograbber from Audiograbber.com-us.net, since using this I have not had any problems. The advice elsewhere re MP3 I would agree with. If you want to go further there is another program called Audacity which again is a free download. This is a sound editing program again since using it I have not had a problem.This can be obtained from http://audacity.sourceforge.net Please do read the instruction in both these programmes and you should not have a problem The lame encoder mentioned is obtainable also as directed. Finally do get the latest version of PTE this is a free download, just follow the instructions on the PTE website. Gilbert :D