Make an image called "Logo.jpg" 540x136 pixels and put it instead

of my image.

Data.txt

======

You will see three lines in this file:

<SrcDir>\YourShow.exe

boxig@zahav.net.il

http://programs.atarimnet.info

a.) Instead of "YourShow.exe" write the name of your presentation.

Do not touch the "<SrcDir>\"

B.) Instead of my email, write yours.

c.) Instead of my web site, write yours.

Readme.txt

========

Write whatever you want.

Put these files in the root of your CD:

"Logo.jpg"

"Data.txt"

"Readme.txt"

Your presentation

"autorun.inf" - make this file to open "AutoCD.exe" and not your presentation. (you can make "autorun.inf" file with my free "Autorun Maker").

Download: http://beechbrook.com/pte/

Finish !

Please you comments and feedback

Granot

Dana,

This will be somehow difficult but I'll try. The best is to download it, only few minutes, and when you run the exe you'll see it.

Ok, it is a nice window with your Logo (any image you like) and your text (any text you like) with these buttons:

Run show

Install show (user can choose where to install)

email me (to your email)

Web site (yours)

Browse CD.

All you have to do is write your presentation name, email and url in one page and your readme in another, add your image and that's all. You have a nice and compact autorun window.

Hope this help.

Granot

Yes Granot, your short description is enticing. I recently sent two CD's overseas: one to run show, the other to install PTE show onto hard drive. I spent a fair amount of time building a custom instruction PTE show to explain all the choices to the recipient. It sounds like you may have just the tool to simplify this type of offering and have it make sense on just one CD. I will need to give it a try. Thank you for your enthusiastic creating and sharing.

I wonder why Guido calls you "old" Granot :)

I just tried your AutoCD utility. It is nicely simple and works just fine. Here is a thought for improvement, IMO -

When the install option is used, it would be nice if the show could still be run from the AutoCD screen. This would mean an additional button such as "Run INSTALLED show" or such. Presumeably your program is to help many computer users who are not well acquainted with even how to go find and run the show from the directory where it is installed. Of course the read-me file on the logo screen could give instructions - but that then somewhat defeats the nice simplicity of your AutoCD run or install. What do you think?

Robert,

In Italy old people are considered clever, so maybe Guido want to give a compliment ? Or maybe because when he was my age (many years ago) he was already old so he thinks I'm too.

Now let's see if I fully understand your suggestion (after all, Guido said I'm old). You suggest a button which will install the exe and then run it from the folder it was installed, yes ? Or a button which will run and install at same time ? In both cases I can't see the advantage (Guido is probably rigth).

If you insert the CD any way, you can run it from the CD.....

Ok, just joking. I think it is a good suggestion from another point of view. Big show will run better from HD then from CD (only my assumption) so your idea is very good. The only problem is how the CD will remember where the user installed the show. Since we can't write to the CD, one way is to force the user to install in a certain known foder. But I'll try to find how to make the CD having a memory of it's own. Ok, let you know here in few hours.

Thanks for your idea

Granot

Dear Robert, don't listen to Boxig delirious talk... :) He knows very well what I mean. In Italy (but not only in Italy), "my old" is an elliptical, warm-hearted expression that means "my old friend". And I consider Granot a good friend of mine for (relatively) long time.

By the way, we know very well the aforesaid likes to joke...

Robert and Guido,

While you both joking about my age, I was working to improve "AutoCD" as requested (or at least as I thought). I uploaded a new version to my Site and also to beechbrook.com.

I added a "Run from HD" button which first will check if your presentation was installed. If yes, it will open the Browse on "C:\Presentation" folder (the default) and user will choose the exe he likes and run it, and if no, it will tell user that he have to install first. He can browse also to other folders to open any exe.

Also I added a second "Help" button which will show all instructions and changed the Help accordingly.

I hope those changes is close to what you want. So I had to leave my new "Sound Keeper" program which I think you will like it too. Hope to finish it today.

Have all a nice weekend and thank you Robert for your suggestion.

Granot