WnSoft Forums

PTE beta 5 V8v crashes

calman

Hello admin,

I know it's a beta version, but hope you may already have a fix or workaround. When I preview or run the created exe and hit Esc to exit in the middle of the show, then my system crashes and reboot itself. My environment is:

Dell laptop dual CPU 1.6 GHz

Win XP Media Pro

1G RAM

60% free space on C drive

This problem is consistent, I can reproduce everytime. Thanks for any inputs.

Cal,

Hi Alrobin,

No, shows I created earlier using PTE4 still running ok. The graphic card is ATI Mobility X1300 on Dell Laptop if this helps. Thanks.

This to clerify that if I let the PTE5 show run till end then it's ok, it only crashes if I interupt it by pressing Esc.

Cal,

Cal,

Does it act the same way with shows created by other people?

No, shows I created earlier using PTE4 still running ok. The graphic card is ATI Mobility X1300 on Dell Laptop if this helps. Thanks.

Sorry, I meant "other PTE 5 shows". I have an ATI mobility card on a Dell laptop, with no problems. I think it is a Mobility X500. (too lazy to go and look right now! :rolleyes: ). Yours sounds like a step up from mine - how many Mb of VRAM? (Mine has 128 Mb).

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. No, I ran butterfly demo (TheDom) which created with PTE5 and it's ok with esc termination. I think my x1300 is 256MB.

Cal,

Sorry, I meant "other PTE 5 shows". I have an ATI mobility card on a Dell laptop, with no problems. I think it is a Mobility X500. (too lazy to go and look right now! :rolleyes: ). Yours sounds like a step up from mine - how many Mb of VRAM? (Mine has 128 Mb).

I'm sorry about this problem, but it's definitely hardware or software problem.

Please install latest drivers for your video card from ATI www.ati.com web site. If problem was in incorrect drivers, it will help.

If problem in hardware, future Windows Vista also will not work correctly.

Cal,

This is a mystery - PTE could be interacting with another running program. Try disabling the anti-virus software, and closing any email or other programs running in the background.

I finally figured out the cause of the crash after a very long frustrating troubleshooting. It was PCAnywhere! The software changes some graphic card config/driver for its own security reason. Anyways, I uninstall PCAnywhere, reinstall (repair) Windows, reinstall video card driver and everything's back to normal.

PTE rocks, still!

Cal,

Cal,

This is a mystery - PTE could be interacting with another running program. Try disabling the anti-virus software, and closing any email or other programs running in the background.