WnSoft Forums

DVD Menus that work

Peter S

I have managed to burn (still DVD+RW only) using Video Builder with the PTE 5 menu creation and burner. I have also burned DVDs (after some help) using the VOB files and Nero with a Nero created menu.

What I have not managed is burning a DVD so that a viewer can stop part 1, go back to a menu and start part 2, 3 or 4. I have tried and tried but failed so far.

Can anyone please put me on the right track with either Video Builder or Nero?

I am also puzzled as to how I can burn using Nero while I utilise a menu created in Video Builder. The Video Builder menu creation is terrific - it is so easy but the burning process is still a problem with discs that Nero has no problem with.

I found a good tutorial on burning with Nero at

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Ner...uide_print.html

I still did not manage to create the navigable menu inspite of this :(

Peter

What I have not managed is burning a DVD so that a viewer can stop part 1, go back to a menu and start part 2, 3 or 4. I have tried and tried but failed so far.

Peter,

I have found other programs quite complicated when it comes to creating menus, but Video Builder is very simple. You have to check "Return to menu after each title" in VB Project Options to make it work, though. Then the DVD player automatically returns to the menu screen after each title.

Of course some programs such as Nero and Pinnacle do have other features, such as the ability to select scenes, etc., but VB has the essential menu capability, and may some day provide for other more-sophisticated options.

Hi Al,

I had found the "Return to menu" option and that works fine. What I wanted to allow the viewer to do was stop during one part of a multi part show and then move to another part. I couldn't crack this but this evening I discovered that if I hit the players menu key when a section is playing, rather than the stop key, it does stop and return to the root menu. So I'm happy with this.

I have also tried with Chapters on and off but this does not seem to have any impact. As far as I could see in Nero it was only a means of splitting one long video clip and I dont understand its function in VB. Have you find a use for this yet?

Thank goodness for RWs.

Peter

I have also tried with Chapters on and off but this does not seem to have any impact. As far as I could see in Nero it was only a means of splitting one long video clip and I dont understand its function in VB. Have you find a use for this yet?

No, I haven't - I assume it's there for future selection of scenes??

Hi Peter

I am also puzzled as to how I can burn using Nero while I utilise a menu created in Video Builder. The Video Builder menu creation is terrific - it is so easy but the burning process is still a problem with discs that Nero has no problem with.

At this time until Igor gets your disc problem sorted out Peter you may want to try this.

As I understand you have no problem with Media with Nero.

Also you wish to use Video Builder menu’s.

Create your PTE show as you would normally, start up Video Builder – create your menu.

Choose “ Create DVD Folder “ – encode your files to the Video_TS folder.

I am assuming you have the full suite of Nero ? – If so

Insert a blank DVD.

Open NERO BURNING ROM. – choose DVD Video - Bottom of the next screen choose New

From the file browser widow - right side - locate and drag in your saved Video_TS folder to the left side.

Top panel – choose – Burn the current compilation.

** This will burn a DVD that will play your presentation using Video Builders Menu.

I am sure Igor will solve the disc problem shortly.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks this looks like good advice. I do have the full edition of Nero and I have been testing the menu creation in Nero Vision 4. It seemed to offer lots of options for creating attractive menus with a wide variety of installed templates, backgrounds etc and the facility to use your own backgrounds .... but VB will probably be better all round when Igor has finished its development.

I may well be better off just using Nero Burning Rom and not getting too involved with Nero Vision.

Igor sent me a trial burner that does burn all formats, with one exception, so the burner team seem well on the way to a solution. It is obviously only a trial programme as it requires the video files to be put on the root of the C drive but it works.

Peter

Peter

Well it is a work around for now for you wanting to use Video Builder menus.

but VB will probably be better all round when Igor has finished its development.

I have to fully agree, and as you are aware with the WnSoft team – it just keeps getting better and better. I am sure other menu feature will be added in the future.