WnSoft Forums

4.48-music stops too soon...

goddi

I have made many shows but this one does not seem to want to work correctly. This is a short slideshow with only 26 frames. The music duration is only 1:01 minutes. The problem is that when I run the show, the normal ending of the music stops at frame 21. If I start the slideshow at, say, 19, the normal ending of the music does play all the way to the end of the slideshow. The music file is an MP3. I am not sure how to diagnose this problem. (I did edit out any silence in the music file with Audacity).

Can anyone tell me why this might be happening???

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

Simply remove the Mp3 Music File ~ now run the Show without the Music and get the 'time duration' of the Show.

Now organise your Mp3 Music File as follows:- Photo Show Time + 5 seconds = Music File Time.

I always do this and it works perfectly and gives me a little allowance for slower PCs'.

You have 26 Frames + Resolves in 60.6 seconds, thats only 2.33 secs per 'Windowed Frame' ~ thats too short and well below the 4 seconds PTE default value. However despite that you will find that your Music File is too short.

Brian.Conflow.

Gary,

Is your show synched or un-synched?

If you want to, send me the pte file (no music or image files), and I'll have a look at it. Email address: alrobin @ sympatico.ca . But do as Brian suggested and remove the music (unless it is synched to the music), and also try it with a different music selection.

It is possible to run shows with slide duration times 1/10 of a second, so there should be no problem with your average time of 2 seconds per slide, unless some of them are extremely short.

Gary,

Is your show synched or un-synched?

If you want to, send me the pte file (no music or image files), and I'll have a look at it. Email address: alrobin @ sympatico.ca . But do as Brian suggested and remove the music (unless it is synched to the music), and also try it with a different music selection.

It is possible to run shows with slide duration times 1/10 of a second, so there should be no problem with your average time of 2 seconds per slide should be no problem, unless some of them are extremely short.

Al and Gary,

Gary, yes Al is correct ~ you can run Slides down to 1/10sec but that does not include "Effects" timeouts,ie:-

Fades,Shutters,Clock effects etc. All these require minimum 500.millesecs time + Slide time ~ thats the reason I suggested an additional 5.secs of Music time in order to give you some lee-way in getting the thing going. You can do the "fine-tuning" afterwards once you know your System limitations. And yes again to Al's point, extremely short Slide times do give problems, thats one to watch !

So I reckon the motto of the story is:- Give yourself some breathing space.....

Brian.Conflow.

you can run Slides down to 1/10sec but that does not include "Effects" timeouts,ie:-

Fades,Shutters,Clock effects etc. All these require minimum 500.millesecs time + Slide time

Yes, this is true - to achieve extremely short slide durations one has to use the "quick" transition or "cut". This is why I suggested Gary email me a copy of the pte file - so I can look at it in my "Adjustor" model and see exactly what parameters he is using.

By the way, I just completed a short "intro" slideshow in v.5 using 470 slides with "fade" transitions of 5 ms in length, and each 35 ms apart. It runs smoothly on my desktop, and on my laptop, too, if I first remove all non-essential processes and shut down my virus checker, email, etc. :)

post-215-1173354808_thumb.jpg

Yes, this is true - to achieve extremely short slide durations one has to use the "quick" transition or "cut". This is why I suggested Gary email me a copy of the pte file - so I can look at it in my "Adjustor" model and see exactly what parameters he is using.

By the way, I just completed a short "intro" slideshow in v.5 using 470 slides with "fade" transitions of 5 ms in length, and each 35 ms apart. It runs smoothly on my desktop, and on my laptop, too, if I first remove all non-essential processes and shut down my virus checker, email, etc. :)

Al,

Wow thats fast ~ given that a Motion Picture (frame-rate) is 24 Fps or 41.6millesecs/Frame.

Al, I have a sneeky suspicion that you are coming up with a "Motion Picture Effect" for Projectors ??

All you need now is Flash Memory and lots of it ~

That will be a first !

Best Regards,

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks, thedom, Conflow and Alrobin,

Good news and bad news. The good news is that I was fiddling with the file and fixed it. The bad news is I don't know why it was fixed. I got it to play just fine before I got your suggestions so I could not experiment with your fixes.

I was having the problem with the slideshow that I created with the large jpgs (each file was about 8mb after Photoshop tweaks). Usually I reduce the file size for the final show but at this point I had not. So I then ran my large files through my NetGraphics Optimizer to reduce the size of each file down to about 122kb per file. Then the slideshow ran as it should. The music played all the way to the end of the slideshow.

Not sure why this "fixed" the problem. I wish I had waited to try your suggestions but it seems to work fine now. I uploaded the short show onto the Beechbrock Cottage site.

Thanks again for offering suggestions. Gary

PS Yes it was synched to music and I used the fade transition.

Hi Gary,

I think you've answered your own question ("I don't know why it was fixed"). If you have such large jpeg images spaced close together as you had in your 1 minute show then you are asking an awful lot from your graphics and internal memory drivers to load each image fast enough to complete the fade before loading the next image. That is why, as you have so rightly pointed out, the final images required in your sequence need to be optimised. If your show had been 10 minutes long with 26 large images then you may have got away with it.

Still I'm glad you have resolved the issue.