WnSoft Forums

Can't install

snapper

you are going to have to supply all details in order to get help

this thread should be combined with your other thread -- you never should have started 2 threads for the same problem

you have been a member since 2003 you are not new

ken

Did you try to install PicturesToExe v4.48 on Windows Vista and PicturesToExe crashed?

Please try to install latest v5.00 beta:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip

Will it work on your PC?

The only reason when main program of PicturesToExe (not slide shows) may crash under Windows Vista, it's when you turn on DEP option (NX protection bit) for all applications. By default Vista sets DEP option for several main components of Windows, because with this option many applications can't operate at all.

This problem never occurs in created EXE files with slide shows, only in main program of PicturesToExe. We'll try to solve this problem later.

you are going to have to supply all details in order to get help

this thread should be combined with your other thread -- you never should have started 2 threads for the same problem

you have been a member since 2003 you are not new

ken

Ok tell me how I combine thread, I made a mistake I have been a member since 2003,, have a look at the number of posts I have made and you will see I am new to posting.

the information I have given is all I have. I try and install 4.48 on windows vista and it gives an error message of Appscrash, thats it nothing else.

Do you guys know what this means and how I rectify it?

ASH

Guest Techman1

Ash,

Hello. Did you try to install the new Beta Version (5.0) as Igor suggested? Did you receive the same error message when you installed it too?

Also, did you try turning off the DEP option in Vista that Igor talks about?

may crash under Windows Vista, it's when you turn on DEP option (NX protection bit) for all applications.

I'm not currently running Vista, so I'm only readdressing what Igor has suggested. Give version 5.0 a try and advise on your findings. Several other members have reported success with Vista, so it's probably something particular to your system that can be resolved.

Good luck,

Fred

Guest Techman1

Ash,

Glad you got it going. If you get a chance to upload a screen shot of the DEP changes you made, it may be helpful to others down the road.

Regards,

Fred