WnSoft Forums

Inmstalling PTE to new PC

I am in the process of setting up a new pc and need to know where to find the "key" on my current machine to copy over to the new one so that I can continue to use PTE. Where do I find it?

Couldn't find an answer in the FAQs online. Could that be added to the online FAQs?

Regards,

Mark

Mark:

From the sound of your note, I gather you did not keep a copy of the key in your back-up files.

I suspect you will have to go to WNSOFT and explain the situtation and likely they will provide you with a new key.

Maybe someone else will have another solution

Jim

Mark

If you cant find a copy of your registration file ... you can go to your Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and select/find within its tree structure

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE and export the registry key ... and then your good to go. Make sure you save this to a safe place for future use.

Otherwise you will have to email support for your lost key.

Dear Mark,

If you have lost your key, just write me to support@wnsoft.com or to orders@wnsoft.com and I'll send you a new key.

Please, don't forget to write your full name and your email, you used in registration for me to search you in our base.

Guest guru

Mark, if you have PTE registered and installed on your current machine, do what Nobeefstu says. But pay attention: by exporting the registry key you will get a file like this, when you'll open it with Notepad: [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\PTE]

"Key"="...................".

The reg.key (but you can name it also pte.key, pte.reg) is the long text string between the quotation marks (but without them!).