WnSoft Forums

Easter decorated eggs

marjogm

Hello

My name is Marjolaine, newly registered here.

One of the best things that could happen to me, surfing on the Net, is to get to know personnalities like SamWhuel, JPD, Canteau (Hi guys, I see you there... :lol: !) and many other ones too, who are marvelous users of PTE. Their slideshows invited to dreams and give me the desire to make some of my own.They are great teachers also.

And I'll bet, at Winsoft, you are not bad at it, aren't you ? ... ;)

Since Easter is for the next week from now, and eventhough I'm definitely not an Easter Rabbit nor any other bunny ... :rolleyes: ...I'll like to bring you, as a coming gift, some decorated eggs. This is my very first slideshow in V5, and needless to say, I'm quite glad of what have been done. But still, I'm a long way to a real perfect one...so do not hesitate to give me your opinions and advices. They'll be much appreciated.

It's here :-->

OEUFS DECORES

Have a nice week-end !

The song I chose to go with the diaporama is : A la foire de l'Est (Angelo Branduardi). the lyric can be seen here.

It goes like:

At the fair of the East, for 2 apples my father bought me a Mole,

Suddenly, the Cat eats the mole which for 2 apples....

and the Dog bites the cat which...

and the Stick beats the Dog which...

and the Fire burns the stick which....etc...etc...

......finally the Lord takes away the Angel of the death who bleeded the killer who killed the beast which drank the rain which ruined the fire which burned the stick which beated the dog which bite the cat which ate the mole that my father, for 2 apples, bought me at the fair of the East.

Welcome to the forum, Marjolaine!

It seems you have already had a nice welcome to the amazing things you can do with PTE - especially when you also have talent - as you obviously do.

I think your presentation is excellent. I would probably never seek out a festival of decorated eggs. But your presentation was so well done, it was better than me being there. Your photography is very clear and nice compositions. I think you made a great presentation of your photos. I even liked the song, which seems to be equivalent to the American "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly". Probably every language has a similar song?

Congratulations on such a nice result of your "learning" . :)

I too would like to welcome you, Marjolaine, to the forum and congratulate you on your presentation. How fortunate you were to have access to all those decorated eggs. In the UK, sadly, Easter eggs are disappearing from the shelves of local shopkeepers and one has to go to the larger stores and supermarkets to find them. Your English is excellent also, but I hope you will not mind a slight correction. The word is Easter without the 'n' - the Christian Festival of the Resurrection.

Ron [uK]

Hello Marjolaine,

I’m very pleased to welcome you here, and I feel honoured to be among those who gave you the desire to make your own slideshows: we would have missed the opportunity to admire your talent.

Your first approach to the V5 is very successful and I’m eagerly waiting for your next one.

I enjoyed very well your photographs about decorated eggs and by the same time I fully appreciated the sensitivity of the artists, so carefully brought to evidence by your show.

Heeeeeeee, that's what I call a "warm welcome", :lol:

Thank you very much Lumenlux, Canteau, Ron , Cici. It does help to know that you like the presentation. I feel ready for the next one.

Ron, ...I do not mind you correcting my english but more than that, I encourage you to do so, if some corrections have to be pointed out. That's the only way to learn. "Easter" has been revised. ;o) Thank you.

Hi Marjolaine,

Welcome to the PTE fourms! Thank you for a lovely show which not only lets us see these beautiful creations, but also demonstrates your very excellent skills as a photographer.

Many years ago my wife and I took a class from a very fine Ukranian artist in egg decoration and I have a real appreciation now for the talent and patience necessary to create these works of art. I was a pleasure seeing these indeed!!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thank you for your comment

I agree, these artists are of a great patience and skill to work on such delicate supports (even sometimes on quail eggs) In the old times, during the long winter evenings, they had time to deal with eggs painting, scarving… but now we sure have PTE and version 5 ;)