WnSoft Forums

Suffolk Rivers & Estauries

Paul T

I have just put my latest presentation on Beechbrook showing some of the rivers and estuaries plus the boats and other nautical items around the area that I live in Suffolk. I have tried to keep it short because I have noticed that in the past some of the presentations I have done do seem to be rather long. I do hope it is enjoyed by those that watch it, and will be interest in any comments. One thing I have done this time is to add titles to some of the images but on reflection feel it might have degraded the show.

Paul

I have just put my latest presentation on Beechbrook showing some of the rivers and estuaries plus the boats and other nautical items around the area that I live in Suffolk. I have tried to keep it short because I have noticed that in the past some of the presentations I have done do seem to be rather long. I do hope it is enjoyed by those that watch it, and will be interest in any comments. One thing I have done this time is to add titles to some of the images but on reflection feel it might have degraded the show.

Paul

Hi Paul!

I like your pictures very much.

Also I like your camera work.

One restriction: IMHO the slide time of pictures without motion is too long.

Its a thing , which I often study on slideshows.

I thing, in the seventies and eighties long times of views were usual, but today we become accustomed to short filmcuts.

With best regards

Andreas

Hi Paul!

I like your pictures very much.

Also I like your camera work.

One restriction: IMHO the slide time of pictures without motion is too long.

Its a thing , which I often study on slideshows.

I thing, in the seventies and eighties long times of views were usual, but today we become accustomed to short filmcuts.

With best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas

Thanks for your comments. Yes I take your point regarding the images that have no animation are on the screen too long. Also they can cause the viewer to lose interest. I will look at this and may change it

Regards Paul

Paul,

I enjoyed watching your show. Some very nice photography, and the panning/zooming was tastefully done. I agree with the comments about shorter slide durations - maybe mix it up a bit more to increase the interest with some fast "cuts" interspersed among the slower dissolves. And I like the titles - IMHO, they make the show much more meaningful and interesting to watch, without detracting from the mood or message of the show, especially for people like myself who wouldn't recognize the locations. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I just watched your show, and I really liked it.

- A good idea to start with, you found a story to tell us with your images

- Well composed images, good resolution, exposure and quality (most of them)

- The pace was perfect for me, no stress

- Just the right amount, not too much, of "PTE magic" (the clouds passing by)

- The music supported the show very well

Just some remarks :

The first image had a light stroke at the bottom of my screen (1920x1200) to start with, but it faded away as the whole image became lighter

A few images had some kind of noise (jpg artifacts ?) in the blue sky

I would have liked some info on the music

Ragnar

Hi Paul,

I just watched your show, and I really liked it.

- A good idea to start with, you found a story to tell us with your images

- Well composed images, good resolution, exposure and quality (most of them)

- The pace was perfect for me, no stress

- Just the right amount, not too much, of "PTE magic" (the clouds passing by)

- The music supported the show very well

Just some remarks :

The first image had a light stroke at the bottom of my screen (1920x1200) to start with, but it faded away as the whole image became lighter

A few images had some kind of noise (jpg artifacts ?) in the blue sky

I would have liked some info on the music

Ragnar

Hi Ragnar

Thanks for your comments. You have picked out one or two imperfections that I agree with. I had noticed the white line on the bottom of the first image as soon as I put it on Beechbrook but have now rectified it on my version. As for the images with the blue sky that had jpg artefacts I added the area of sky with clouds to make it look more dramatic and unfortunately they are images that have been enlarged too much I think. However, I have also changed this as well after your comments. In hindsight I should have not put this out for viewing before it was fit to view. The music is from a company who sell music suitable for film called Audio network plc and the music for the show was called Aquamarine.

Regards Paul