WnSoft Forums

Key point improvements

Hi,

PTE 5.00 beta 8u

I don't know what will come with next beta versions but here is some comments or suggestions about keypoints features.

1/ Keypoint edit window :

It would be nice when you are on a keypoint to open an window edition with a Double clic or Return key.

By this way, you can enter the right value with keyboard.

2/ Keypoint moveable with keyboard.

It would be nice when a keypoint is selected to drag it in the time line with keyboard : CTRL + left key (decrease keypoint time by 0.1s) or CTRL + right key (increase keypoint time by 0.1s).

By this way, it would be easier to change keypoint time values, specialy when there is several keypoints in a few lap time.

Best regards

Alain

Hi,

PTE 5.00 beta 8u

I don't know what will come with next beta versions but here is some comments or suggestions about keypoints features.

It would be nice when you are on a keypoint to open an window edition with a Double clic or Return key.

Hi Alain,

Not sure what you mean here. How does opening a window help you enter the right value? You can change the view from 10% to 500% now. Are you saying that you would like to be able to click in a window and have the relevant "position" value inserted as a "pan" value?

It would be nice when a keypoint is selected to drag it in the time line with keyboard : CTRL + left key (decrease keypoint time by 0.1s) or CTRL + right key (increase keypoint time by 0.1s).

By this way, it would be easier to change keypoint time values, specialy when there is several keypoints in a few lap time.

I can see this if there were some way to specify what increment you wished to use but not arbitrarily selecting 0.1s.

Best regards,

Lin

Best regards

Alain

Kalain,

Welcome to the Forum!

Re your suggestions:

1. I think this would be a good idea - maybe a small, compact menu window with text boxes to show the current PZR and time parameters and be able to make changes as required, without having to click on the correct properties tab.

2. I'm with you on this one too. Quite often I wish I could nudge the keypoint by clicking on the arrow bars, but of course these serve only to change focus from one keypoint to another. "Ctrl - right-arrow" and "Ctrl - left-arrow" would work just as well and be valuable additions.

However, these improvements should probably wait until after Igor issues the current updates to the program.

Hi,

1. I think this would be a good idea - maybe a small, compact menu window with text boxes to show the current PZR and time parameters and be able to make changes as required, without having to click on the correct properties tab.

Yes, there is Keypoint time field on animation Tab (I just discovered this with your answer) but the scale is in "ms" from the beginning of the picture! and time line time is from beginning of slide show. This is not easy to use and not very direct because you have to calculate each time in your mind for the right value.

Here is an example to show.

(also a small, compact menu window could be better.)

2. I'm with you on this one too. Quite often I wish I could nudge the keypoint by clicking on the arrow bars, but of course these serve only to change focus from one keypoint to another. "Ctrl - right-arrow" and "Ctrl - left-arrow" would work just as well and be valuable additions.

Yes, I agree.

Here is also an example to show.

Best regards

Alain

post-4940-1176754687_thumb.jpg

post-4940-1176754859_thumb.jpg

Guest Techman1

Ctrl+Arrow to shift points would be a nice addition in a later release of PTE. The Ctrl+Arrow is used in other programs to make minor nudging adjustments to the postion of objects, so hopefully Igor will add these suggestions to his "To Do" list or "Possible To Do" list.

Regards,

Fred

• 1 month later...