WnSoft Forums

As I promised - here it is:

boxig

Scrolling "About" message Utility

I would like to know if PTE can have scrolling text like in the "About PicturesToExe" in the Help menu?- mal

This time the whole "Readme":

This is a Scrolling "About" text to be opened by a link from other application. Made for "PicturesToExe" users. Make a button object and use "Run application.." to open "ScrollingAbout.exe"

How to configure

================

Open "AboutText.txt" and write your few lines. Try to keep it short as in the sample. Open "configure.txt" and you will see two numbers in two lines:

The 2000 is for scrolling speed and the 1 is for page color. You can change the 2000 a bit, something between 1000 to 4000 - it depends on you, just try it. You can change the color to 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 (added 6 later). Try them. You need to include these two files and the utility together with your presentation.

Download from my site 421 kb in zip.

Let us know if it works, I didn't try it (!?)

(read below about version 2)

Please check my other 75 (!) utilities and programs.

Granot

OK Granot - I can see it clearly now - the ultimate utility challenge -

For you to create a utility for you and us to keep track of all the other utilities you have created! B)

As for the scrolling text, which I too have not yet tried, only the creator can vary the speed of the scroll? Of course someone will want to have scroll speed be controlable by a slow reader. No end in sight. Citius, altius, fortius

Robert

Since I configuration file is on the CD, user can not make changes. But I'm still working now to improve it. In the next version:

All configurations in one text file.

User can click on your email and send.

User can click on your URL to go there.

As for your suggestion, yes, I can make it, but then I will have to add a place for user to input his requested speed, which means buttons or input box on the small window. Do you think user will bother ?

As I see it, mal asked this feature only for adding some elegance but not for functional reason, since even "Send email" and "Visit web site" can be put on the presentation itself.

Why I have a feeling you were joking ?

Anyway, you got answer.

Granot