WnSoft Forums

A few questions.

Stevie

Is there a tutorial anywhere for the animation features?

I have experimented with the settings with some success, but for some reason when I have zoomed and panned on an image with key points, if I change the settings from linear to say smooth, the panned position changes. I’m not sure why this is?

Is it possible to copy the settings from one image and then apply them to other single or multiple images?

It there a way of adding blank slides apart from making a blank slide in Photoshop and importing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I’m quite excited about these new features of PTE. I’ve used Proshow Producer for the Ken Burnes affect in slide shows and whilst the features work well it does seem quite unstable, especially when burning the DVD with lots of rejects.

Hi Stevie,

The position changes because when the zoom or pan is non-linear, by definition things happen differently in time. For example, if you take a single image and set one keypoint in addition to the starting keypoint then set a second keypoint all with "linear" as the default, the animation happens in a regular way whereby over time at 50% time 50% of the change has occurred. On the other hand, if you use say smooth which is a non-linear effect, the pan or zoom begins slowly, then speeds up then slows down. Since it starts slowly, at say the 50% position between the start and ending keypoints, the animation will be at a different point in its transition.

The important thing is that all the animation be completed within same time frame, but it won't occur at exactly the same percentages at the same points.

I just had a problem with one of my computers which prevented the non-linear effects from working correctly, so I've spend quite a bit of time looking at this situation.

The first three keypoints must be entered before you can create multiple animations on a single slide. After entering the third keypoint make sure its highlighted then from the Objects and Animations screen you can click on the down arrow on the block that says "linear" and change the linear to one of the non-linear functions. My suggestion would be to do this on all three (Pan, Zoom, Rotate). Next go right back and click on "setup" then click on the "Glue" indicator to segregate or separate this keypoint. Do this for all three (this is important) Pan, Zoom and Rotate. At this time you will find that the "brackets" indicate that the formerly "grouped" keypoints are now separated. This means that whatever animation is assigned to the third keypoint will happen using the non-linear choice and what you "expect" is what will happen between the second and third keypoints.

Do the above for each keypoint you have entered beyond the third. Remember to set the non-linear function for all three (pan, zoom, rotate) because often when you zoom by using the rectangle to drag or expand (zoom in) or zoom out you affect not only the zoom but the pan and perhaps the rotate as well.

This is "one way" to set non-linear functions using multiple keypoints on one slide.

The second way you can do it is to duplicate the first slide on the slide list by copy paste. The perform only one zoom or pan or rotate function on a slide by using only two keypoints. To continue in a seamless fashion to the next slide, simply copy/paste the numbers from PZR blocks from the second keypoint on the first slide to the first keypoint on the second slide and set the transition via the "custom slide" feature on the "effects" tab to "quick, no transition". Continue with subsequent slides. This second way may be more intuitive for you since you have probably used the "match previous slide" feature with Proshow Gold or Producer.

Right now there is no "convenient" way to copy the animations from one slide to another - it "can" be done but at this point in the beta's it's not too convenient.

Adding a blank slide was a feature in earlier PTE version and will probably be added soon before the release version. Right now the easiest way is to create a couple in Photoshop and save them to be used over and again.

Other's may want to comment on how they copy animations from one slide to another. It seems I recall this being done by copy paste an existing slide and renaming another slide to the same name but one having different content. That's a bit obtuse and a definite "work-around" but a possibility.

Best regards,

Lin

Is there a tutorial anywhere for the animation features?

I have experimented with the settings with some success, but for some reason when I have zoomed and panned on an image with key points, if I change the settings from linear to say smooth, the panned position changes. I'm not sure why this is?

Is it possible to copy the settings from one image and then apply them to other single or multiple images?

It there a way of adding blank slides apart from making a blank slide in Photoshop and importing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm quite excited about these new features of PTE. I've used Proshow Producer for the Ken Burnes affect in slide shows and whilst the features work well it does seem quite unstable, especially when burning the DVD with lots of rejects.

Hi Lin

Thank you for taking the time to explain, it’s much appreciated. I was pretty sure that adding a blank slide was an option before but wondered if I had got mixed up with proshow. To be able to copy and paste a slides settings to one or multiple slides would be useful.