WnSoft Forums

Windmill Pond Flowers: Revised

frets3

Dear PTE Family,

Thank you for your comments on "Windmill Pond Flowers". The "black zones" are now history, except for the last slide, where the thistle whirls away into oblivion. Oh yes, a couple of new images were added, and some of the animation was reworked.

Bill Hines, at Beechbrook Cottage, made it really simple to replace the old show with a new version. Thanks, Bill.

http://beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp

I sent the link to my daughter, who is away at school. She thought that I had become a technological savant, but I reluctantly admitted that the software is so good that even I can use it. She couldn't wait to download an evaluation copy!

Happy tinkering to all,

David White (frets3)

• 2 weeks later...

David, somehow I missed your original version. But this one is very nice. I especially liked the "choreography." Your photos are excellent themselves, but are exploited very effectively by your careful integration with the music. Congratulations.

Thank you, Bob,

Glad that you liked the "choreography". Aligning the photo-boundary slider with the waveforms made a simple job of it. Good user interface!

David

Hi David

I must echo all the previous comments but also want to say "good on you" for daring to get in close by zooming in so much, I would have thought the effect of grain/pixels starting to show might deter from a presentation but in your case it really compliments it.

Very sharp images too, which sharpening method are you using?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi David

I must echo all the previous comments but also want to say "good on you" for daring to get in close by zooming in so much, I would have thought the effect of grain/pixels starting to show might deter from a presentation but in your case it really compliments it.

Very sharp images too, which sharpening method are you using?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi, Andrew,

Thank you for your kind words and interest in the show.

This is my first slideshow and is an example of "fools rushing in," rather than bravery. <_< The first version used full-sized images and .wav format sound. I liked the result, but the .exe file was 130 mb. After trimming to 34 mb, I could see some image degradation in the zooms, but it was no longer a formidable download.

I realize that the above is rather gratuitous, since most/all forum members must have grappled with this, too.

For sharpening, I use FocusMagic, a calculation-intensive program that analyses out-of-focus halos and attempts to restore images to an in-focus state. Sometimes, the "magic" works. The program runs on its own or as a PhotoShop plug-in. It offers a preview where you decide how much sharpening to apply. One other program feature: To some extent, you can correct for camera-motion blur. Sometimes, you can salvage one of those "once in a lifetime" shots.

http://www.focusmagic.com

Best wishes,

David

For sharpening, I use FocusMagic, a calculation-intensive program that analyses out-of-focus halos and attempts to restore images to an in-focus state. Sometimes, the "magic" works. The program runs on its own or as a PhotoShop plug-in. It offers a preview where you decide how much sharpening to apply. One other program feature: To some extent, you can correct for camera-motion blur. Sometimes, you can salvage one of those "once in a lifetime" shots.

http://www.focusmagic.com

David

Ahh that's quite funny cos that's the program I use to!! I can only conclude that great minds think alike :-)

Cheers

Andrew