WnSoft Forums

Selecting Slides in Timeline - Current slide plus all slides to right

Another poster has posted this somewhere else in the forum's but I can't find it just now so thought I would make it a seperate heading in "suggestions".

I have spent some time programming shows of late and am finding after I synchronise some transitions to a soundtrack I might want to insert some silence or a title sequence and I need to shift the current slide plus all slides to the right backwards or forwards along the timeline. Would be very useful in the timeline window to be able to right click a transition point and choose the option "Select current slide and all slides to right..." this would make it easy to shift all the affected points to resync with your soundtrack and tweak as necessary.

Andrew

G'day Andrew,

I think this can be done in the timeline now, (as it can be done in the standard screen), using the <shift> and/or <Ctrl> keys while selecting the range/combination of images. Then they can be moved while holding the key down to wherever you wish keeping all parameters and timing relationships.

Not sure if this is want you want though.

G'day Andrew,

I think this can be done in the timeline now, (as it can be done in the standard screen), using the <shift> and/or <Ctrl> keys while selecting the range/combination of images. Then they can be moved while holding the key down to wherever you wish keeping all parameters and timing relationships.

Not sure if this is want you want though.

Hi Neighbour!

Yep...already using that system but feeling lazy having to scroll to the end of the show every time to do the "shift-click" thing to select all the slides. Just thought it would be a nice short cut to right click and bingo!

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew,

Maybe this feature would do the job ?

The user would click wherever he wants on the timeline and with a right click by example, this would add/remove n,nnn sec.

=> This would automatically move all the keypoints after the selected point (ie add/substract the n,nnn sec to each keypoint)...

Read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=30684 and http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=30760

Igor answered :

We leaved moving of all keypoints of object(s) to v5.10

Read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=30897

Dominique

Thanks for finding this, that would be useful to do it that way as well, but to also do it with the mouse visually would be great for "tweaking".

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew

The "Select slides to the right" was my suggestion in another post, I have just finished doing multiple slideshows using a total of about 1500 images and this feature would have saved me a considerable amount of time so I am hoping there is enough support for it to be included in a future version of PTE.

Regards

Geoff

Hi Andrew

The "Select slides to the right" was my suggestion in another post, I have just finished doing multiple slideshows using a total of about 1500 images and this feature would have saved me a considerable amount of time so I am hoping there is enough support for it to be included in a future version of PTE.

Regards

Geoff

Geoff

Ahh..... I searched for ages to try and find your original post and started to think I dreamt it! :-) I can certainly imagine on a show with 1500 slides it would be invaluable, fingers crossed Igor can implement in future versions.

Cheers

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...
Would be very useful in the timeline window to be able to right click a transition point and choose the option "Select current slide and all slides to right..." this would make it easy to shift all the affected points to resync with your soundtrack and tweak as necessary.

This can be done now by selecting the transition point, then pressing SHIFT-END key combination. This is a standard keyboard shortcut in Windows. SHIFT-HOME will highlight from the cursor or selection to the beginning. It is always hit or miss whether shortcuts are enabled in a program, but usually worth trying. A list of shortcuts for MS products is available

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/keyboard.aspx

although oddly the above shortcuts are not included and the explanation of the HOME and END keys not too helpful. I would say they move the cursor to the beginning or end of the text, list or document.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

G'day Everyone,

In another post Igor has indicated the timeline window is going to have a major rework, (with some basic sound editing), in PTE v5.1 or v5.2.

This function would indeed be handy on a mouse click rather than the current use of key combinations. With the rebuild of the timeline functionally I also hope this will be included.

This can be done now by selecting the transition point, then pressing SHIFT-END key combination. This is a standard keyboard shortcut in Windows. SHIFT-HOME will highlight from the cursor or selection to the beginning.

Steve you are a magician!!

Thank you!

Cheers

Andrew