WnSoft Forums

Question about key and whats Deluxe version?

Hi all,

I've just bought Pics 2 EXE a few days ago and the key I have been sent is a garble of HTML. I've E-mailed asking for it to be re-sent, but no answer as of yet. I have read here that they close down at weekends, so I'm not fretting just yet, but it would have been good to have it this weekend as I had a few days off work.

My next question is what's all this about a Delux version? I thought (from the FAQ) if I bought Pics 2 EXE now I would get future versions of it? When I bought it there was an option of a Delux version, but no information on it? Should I have gone for that? How is it different? Will I get that version as I bought 4.48 now?

Help, the forum only seems to go back a short time, so I can't see earlier posts that might explain all this.

Thanks for any information

Simon

The key is actually a text file, but sometimes your email provider strips the file name and what you get is the actual text. The first thing to do is see if it ends with a double quotation mark. If so, it's probably just fine and you can simply save the text string as a file. Copy it and save as a file name such as myptekey.reg Then simply place it in any folder and when you open PTE go to the help menu and enter the file name where prompted.

If the text string doesn't end with double quotation marks the email server has corrupted it and Wnsoft will send you an new one. This happened with my key as well. They are very prompt and are working now on a way to prevent this in the future. If they send you a new one it will likely be in zipped format.

The only difference in the regular version and the deluxe version is the presence of the DVD authoring (Video Builder) feature. The Deluxe version is a $20 upgrade. You get version 5.0 (standard) as a free upgrade as well as all future 5.0 versions but if you need or want the "internal" Video Builder you can upgrade to it for $20. The standard version exports an AVI file which you can convert to DVD with many software packages but having it "built-in" is very convenient. As with the standard version future versions of the Deluxe 5.0 are free upgrades.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi all,

I've just bought Pics 2 EXE a few days ago and the key I have been sent is a garble of HTML. I've E-mailed asking for it to be re-sent, but no answer as of yet. I have read here that they close down at weekends, so I'm not fretting just yet, but it would have been good to have it this weekend as I had a few days off work.

My next question is what's all this about a Delux version? I thought (from the FAQ) if I bought Pics 2 EXE now I would get future versions of it? When I bought it there was an option of a Delux version, but no information on it? Should I have gone for that? How is it different? Will I get that version as I bought 4.48 now?

Help, the forum only seems to go back a short time, so I can't see earlier posts that might explain all this.

Thanks for any information

Simon

The contents of the key file are

<html><head><title>Server Application Error</title></head>

<body><h1>Server Application Error</h1>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.</body></html>

So there isn't anything usable for me there.

Simon

That's a new one. Does the file have a name, or did you just get the below as an attachment? That sounds as if your email server had problems with the attachment and actually removed it.

Lin

The contents of the key file are

<html><head><title>Server Application Error</title></head>

<body><h1>Server Application Error</h1>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.</body></html>

So there isn't anything usable for me there.

Simon