WnSoft Forums

Pre-animated text

I used in the past Mediashow which have this feature, but if we can't have the fonts which are used in the slideshow inside the exe, I think that the effect on text will not be very interesting. You can only use arial or new times roman without problem, and make effect which will be used on these fonts isn't a great feature. What do you think about that ?

I'm not sure to understand when you speak about only two fonts which can be used.

I just re-installed windows XP, I didn’t installed fonts and I have already about 100 fonts by default.

I really would like those pre-animated effects, which can be applied to text - but to other objects as well ? - without spending hours to build them myself.

It’s like transition slide effects: most of them can be done manually but it’s a lot of work.

If I remember correctly (I couldn't find the post), Igor already told us he will implement a kind of shaking effect for pictures.

That’s exactly the kind of effect I am looking for. But there are a lot of others which can be interesting and useful too.

And if you want to distribute your slideshow, you can include the font (with subfolders) in the archive and the end user has only to unzip it on C:/.

I’m not sure it’s such a big problem, is it ?

But of course if Wnsoft can include the font directly in the exe, the dream becomes true. :)

I'm not sure to understand when you speak about only two fonts which can be used.

I just re-installed windows XP, I didn't installed fonts and I have already about 100 fonts by default.

I my version there are 69 fonts from XP, but it's very poor and there are less than 10 fonts we can really use and which are not necessary in Windoxs 98. Most of the shows I see with V5 since there is the text use fonts which aren't on my PC.

I really would like those pre-animated effects, which can be applied to text - but to other objects as well ? - without spending hours to build them myself.

It's like transition slide effects: most of them can be done manually but it's a lot of work.

If I remember correctly (I couldn't find the post), Igor already told us he will implement a kind of shaking effect for pictures.

That's exactly the kind of effect I am looking for. But there are a lot of others which can be interesting and useful too.

I can understand that, if it's not only for fonts.

And if you want to distribute your slideshow, you can include the font (with subfolders) in the archive and the end user has only to unzip it on C:/.

I'm not sure it's such a big problem, is it ?

Yes it's a big problem. I have put since several years the fonts I used in my show in a zip file on my page, and I know that peole dont often install the fonts, it's often I receive a mail which say that the text are outside the screen or ask how to install a font.

But of course if Wnsoft can include the font directly in the exe, the dream becomes true. :)

Yes but may be there is a problem with the copyrigt of the fonts, that's right it would be nice.

If the effects are for objects and not only for fonts it must be perhaps interesting.

• 2 years later...

Hi JPD,

I too used Mediashow for years - it had some of the greatest text handling I've seen in presentation slideshows. I suspect that the reason that CyberLink was able to do this was that their background and core competency was in video.

I seem to remember that the company was actually sold and moved to (I believe) Taiwan. They continued to develop their video segments, but really neglected the slideshow side and were never able to work out the transition bugs created when they increased the display size from 800x600 to 1024x768. It's a shame because they did have some really nice features (drop-in video, etc.).

It would be nice if PTE could have some of those twirling, spinning, rotating, text "ribbon" effects possible with Mediashow. Those automated text effects were quite spectacular, weren't they?

Here's a little sample of Mediashow text... (less than a meg)

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/sample/mediashow2.zip

Best regards,

Lin

I used in the past Mediashow which have this feature, but if we can't have the fonts which are used in the slideshow inside the exe, I think that the effect on text will not be very interesting. You can only use arial or new times roman without problem, and make effect which will be used on these fonts isn't a great feature. What do you think about that ?