WnSoft Forums

How to create AVI file on HD

thedom

Excuse my ignorance but I would like to know if it's possible to create a custom size AVI file (800 x 600 by example) on my HD without having to burn it on a DVD ? :unsure:

I used the "create DVD" feature to create a MPEG2 file but the resolution is not big enough for what I need.

Thanks for your help.

with winavi

http://www.winavi.com/en/video-converter/video-converter.htm

you can convert an avi to mpeg2 and adjust the output size

likely you can do the same with cucusoft pro

http://www.cucusoft.com/

but vb makes a high quality mpg which is good enough to have nero etc make a dvd

it is a 720/480 - 4:3 aspect ratio file - 528 mb file that plays +- 9 mins -- the dvd projects great on a 100" screen-- maybe i am biased a bit:)

if my memory serves me right, Dom, vb resizes to max quality/size for standard qulity tv's -- other members that have plasma/lcd ws tv's are astonished with output and the mpg is the source file

ken

post-16-1179183977_thumb.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but I would like to know if it's possible to create a custom size AVI file (800 x 600 by example) on my HD without having to burn it on a DVD ? :unsure:

Yes it is possible...

I used the "create DVD" feature to create a MPEG2 file but the resolution is not big enough for what I need.

Thanks for your help.

... but not by doing this. When you create a DVD the files created must be compatible with the DVD standard. That means creating a video file in MPEG-2 format, not AVI format. (Or in VOB format, which is the same as MPEG-2 except that there can be more than 1 audio track.) MPEG-2 format does not support 800x600. Use the "create AVI" option instead. Use a codec other than the Pictures To Exe codec if you want the file to remain on your HD after you have exited PTE.

Hi Dom,

If you don't already have it, download the ACE Mega Codec Pac and install at least the Microsoft codecs. The as mentioned above, use the Create Custom AVI feature from the Video tab and manually enter 800x600 as the size. Give the program a location to save the file and a custom AVI of the size you want will be created on the HD. I use the MPEG IV codec myself.

Lin

Thanks for your help.

I did some AVI file with different sizes (they are on Beechbrook Cottage) by using the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2. You can find it with Google.