WnSoft Forums

Navigation Bar

Could you add options to add Vol Up and Down.

So we could add the option for viewer to turn up

or down the Volume on the computer while viewing.

I like this idea Chuck. This may be better as a separate audio bar that could be provided, (if desired), with or without the current navigation bar. This would give the author more flexibility in what and how they present their show to the viewer. Also it would keep things simple for the viewer.

Not sure if it is possible but hope so. Igor will no doubt let us know when he has time.

• 1 month later...

Guys ... I like this idea too !

Since sound and music is such an integral part of creating/viewing a slideshow these days ... allowing user control over the volume (up. down. mute or slider) would definitely compliment the full A/V experience.

Personally, one of the things I like so much about PTE is the pristine, simple viewing screen - I would hate to see it cluttered up with a whole lot of gizmos like you see in some of the video program interfaces. If it can be added through the use of a keyboard control, without taking away from the present uses for these keys, then that would be fine.

I don't even like the use of navigation bars - keyboard and mouse controls are so much more sophisticated. Just my simple "uncluttered" viewpoint on this. :)

Thats the versatality of PTE ... it allows the creator to select whats best for the production.

Most produced slideshows are a work of art and should not be interrupted with added distractions etc, so they can be presented in all their glory and beauty. However, some slideshows are tutorials, instructive tools, training manuals, etc and require some elements of visual navigation control for the user so as not to also learn keyboard switchback functions.

You might possibly summize ... I do alot of training manuals :P

I don't even like the use of navigation bars - keyboard and mouse controls are so much more sophisticated.

I agree keyboard controls are nice. And most of my projects do not have the Navigation Bar on. Because it

is not needed for a slideshow. But when I am sending a projects to clients that needs the Control of the show.

It would be nice if they could control the Vol too. I am sure that a lot of people will look at the file that

knows very little about the computer. And they would have no idea a key could control the vol too.

When we do use the Navigation Bar, a Vol option would be a good option to add to it.