WnSoft Forums

Separate Fade out - Fade In

Hi Igor,

Something for the future. Possibly a "fade-out" and a separate "fade-in" transitions. One thing which has been problematic is matching precisely the end of a slide which is zooming in with the start of the next slide to continue the zoom in a seamless fashion.

Perhaps if there were separate "fade-out" and "fade-in" transitions it would be easier to match these to make a seamless transition rather than the fade out/fade in. That is so that the timings could be different rather than the same for the beginning and end of a slide. If it were possible to end a fade out on slide "A" while slide "B" was beginning a "fade in" then when each are set to linear and with the same slide timings and zoom ratios and identical points and sizes on the timeline where one begins the fade out and the other the fade in then if the timings for the fades were identical the change from slide "A" to slide "B" would be virtually indistinguishable provided that the images were carefully matched for color, saturation, sharpness, contrast, levels, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Something for the future. Possibly a "fade-out" and a separate "fade-in" transitions. One thing which has been problematic is matching precisely the end of a slide which is zooming in with the start of the next slide to continue the zoom in a seamless fashion. .........

I agree - this is something I suggested to Igor way back in the days of v.3 or 4. The digital controls for some analogue systems have it, and I also built the capability into the 4-projector system I once designed.

This capability is useful. In this digital age it should be quite possible to fade out at a different rate than the fade-in for the next slide. The only "difficulty" in a single-projector system would be to come up with an algorithm that calculates the "brightness" for each image and displays it asymmetrically during the dissolve.

However, it is possible now to accomplish this effect now using the opacity control in O&A, and displaying the two images as "objects" on a single slide.

I also wanted the capability to overlap images and have them display independently, without having to set them up first in Photoshop - this too can be accomplished now using objects in O&A.

I fully support this suggestion by Lin seconded by Al !

'Differentiated dissolves' [rough translation from French] are a key feature in traditional (= slide projectors) advanced slideshows. The softwares Wings Platinum (by Stumpfl) and m.objects offer this capability of playing with the dissolve -fade in / fade out - curves.

It would be great to have also this feature in PTE !