WnSoft Forums

cd stops 1/3 way into show

Hi guys--thanks so much to those of you who helped me solve my problem last week. I sent my cd off to the client and she just called to say that after the first song (there are three songs, synced to slideshow with 150 images and fades) the slideshow stopped, both music and slides, and a picture appeared like split between two images. It then wouldn't run any further. I tested it on 3 of my computers, and it ran fine. Any ideas why this could have happened? My guess would be the memory on her computer is not sufficient to play the slideshow, but I don't know. She said it's a pretty powerful machine--not too old. The total exe. file is 54.2 mg. That doesn't seem too large to me. If autorun is installed on the cd, is there any way to then load the show on the hardrive and run it from there instead of the cd. Seems like I read something on the forum about it being better to run it from the hardrive. How do you accomplish that? Thanks--

Connie

Guest guru

Connie, it is very difficult to guess what happens on your client's machine.

Since the slideshow stops after the first song, it's possible the problem is connected with the soundtrack. I always prefer to merge my sound files into one, I feel more sure.

As to running your presentation from Hdd, there is an excellent and very convenient software written by Boxig (TempCD, number 55 of the list), that copies provisorily your presentation to Hdd: more exactly, as Boxig says, your show is copied "to C:\Temp folder and runs it from there and not from the CD. When user close your presentation, the utility will delete your presentation from the user's Hard Drive".

Connie,

As Guido said, it's difficult to know what is going on with your client's machine. It could be a conflict with a program they have running in background or it could be the CD itself. Some CDROM drives are more sensitive to CD imperfections. You just don't know. However, Guido suggestion of merging the three songs into one will eliminate a possible problem transitioning between mp3s.

jayspry