WnSoft Forums

visual glitches when fading from one slide to the next

Hi Guys,

Have just installed pte on my new laptop and having fun with the program, but I am experiencing some visual glitches when I fade from one slide to the next. It seems like sections of the slide flicker back and forth between the two slides. I originally thought it was caused because I was panning and zooming so I removed the pans/zooms and I still have the same effect. My pictures are only 1024x576 png (because I have some transparent parts). Any ideas. I was originally using proshow gold, but I like the simpler interface of pte and don't want to go back, but if I can't get this resolved soon, I'm going to have to switch.

I'm running vista home premium on a core duo 1.8ghz laptop with a intel gma 950 video card. Please help and don't just chalk it up to the crappy video card. Thanks.

If you will post a link to a show which does this, we can check it out and see what the problem may be. It could be as simple as your video driver needing upgraded or it could be something else such as the video card itself - it's tough to tell without trying the slideshow on another system or two.

Meanwhile why don't you try downloading some of the slideshows already done by others and see if you have the same problems.

Here's a link to one I did a while back which makes extensive use of fades. If this one plays properly then we know the problem is caused by something in your show itself. If it doesn't, then the problem is probably hardware related.

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/vger2.zip (about 35 meg ziipped executable)

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Guys,

Have just installed pte on my new laptop and having fun with the program, but I am experiencing some visual glitches when I fade from one slide to the next. It seems like sections of the slide flicker back and forth between the two slides. I originally thought it was caused because I was panning and zooming so I removed the pans/zooms and I still have the same effect. My pictures are only 1024x576 png (because I have some transparent parts). Any ideas. I was originally using proshow gold, but I like the simpler interface of pte and don't want to go back, but if I can't get this resolved soon, I'm going to have to switch.

I'm running vista home premium on a core duo 1.8ghz laptop with a intel gma 950 video card. Please help and don't just chalk it up to the crappy video card. Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Hy,

I have the same problem as reported in forum : did you find a solution ?

Thanks for answer.

Olivier

Olivier,

Being that the Driver Update for your Intel 82845 G/GL graphic controller did not solve your issue ... please supply some additional details about your system configuration.

1- Operating System (Xp. Vista ?)

2- Total System Memory / RAM (obtain from System Properties/General)

3- Total Graphic Memory Size ( obtain from Display Properties/Adapter Information- Memory Size)

4- Monitor Screen Resolution (obtain from Display Properties)

5- Monitor Refresh Rate ( obtain from Display Properties/Monitor Settings)

In the meantime try building the same show with and without Hardware Acceleration from the PTE Project Options/Screen Tab: Hardware Acceleration (D3D) checkbox and report any difference.

Olivier,

We will try to help you solve this problem. If bug in PTE, we will quickly fix it.

I would like to clear moment with old version 4.31. In another topic you wrote different results for v4.31's slide shows:

it happens with old .exe 4.31 or with new .exe compiled by 5.0
Never happens in version 4.31.
happens only when 'visualiser' full screnn is active. seems not applicable when pre-view in small window.
I'm sure it definitely points that problem in drivers of Intel video card. We have one PC with Intel 865 integrated graphics and all is OK, because of this I think that updating of video drivers should help. Most likely you will find similar problem with 3D games with these current drivers.

For

lucky_frogger

Olivier,

If all is OK with v4.31 or v4.48 and this problem happens only in new version 5.0 please perform several tests which will help us to exactly determine a reason of the problem.

1) How this slideshow plays on your PC? http://wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow.zip (8 MB)

2) Create simple slide show with Fade effects only and DON'T add any music files. How it will play without music?

3) Create simple slide show with Fade effects only, go to Project options window, Screen tab. Uncheck "Hardware acceleration" option and click "Preview" button in the main window of PicturesToExe. Or create EXE file. How it will play now?

4) Again open Project options, Screen tab. Change back again and set checked "Hardware acceleration" option and choose "Windowed mode" instead of "Fullscreen mode". How it plays now?

I didn't recieve any bug-reports on created in version 5.0 slideshows in our technical support for past 2 weeks. No problems. We very carefully developed slideshow engine and, I hope, well tested it. Because of this I suspect that this particular problem can be in Intel video card or drivers or combination of other factors. However a very strange problem. I would like to solve this problem, of course.

Olivier,

We will try to help you solve this problem. If bug in PTE, we will quickly fix it.

I would like to clear moment with old version 4.31. In another topic you wrote different results for v4.31's slide shows:

I'm sure it definitely points that problem in drivers of Intel video card. We have one PC with Intel 865 integrated graphics and all is OK, because of this I think that updating of video drivers should help. Most likely you will find similar problem with 3D games with these current drivers.

For

lucky_frogger

Olivier,

If all is OK with v4.31 or v4.48 and this problem happens only in new version 5.0 please perform several tests which will help us to exactly determine a reason of the problem.

1) How this slideshow plays on your PC? http://wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow.zip (8 MB)

2) Create simple slide show with Fade effects only and DON'T add any music files. How it will play without music?

3) Create simple slide show with Fade effects only, go to Project options window, Screen tab. Uncheck "Hardware acceleration" option and click "Preview" button in the main window of PicturesToExe. Or create EXE file. How it will play now?

4) Again open Project options, Screen tab. Change back again and set checked "Hardware acceleration" option and choose "Windowed mode" instead of "Fullscreen mode". How it plays now?

I didn't recieve any bug-reports on created in version 5.0 slideshows in our technical support for past 2 weeks. No problems. We very carefully developed slideshow engine and, I hope, well tested it. Because of this I suspect that this particular problem can be in Intel video card or drivers or combination of other factors. However a very strange problem. I would like to solve this problem, of course.

I think the solution is 'don't use Hardware acceleration in my case : nethertheless, I answer all questions :

1. pteshow shows gliches

2. no music, shows gliches

3. simple slide show : with music :

hardware acceleration version

checked full gliches

checked window mode gliches

UNCHECKED full no problem

UNCHECKED window mode no problem

so, my conclusion is : UNCHECKED in regards woth my material.

Maybe it would be necessary to mention when to use "hardware accelaration" checked ?

thanks for help and best regards,

olivier

Olivier,

Being that the Driver Update for your Intel 82845 G/GL graphic controller did not solve your issue ... please supply some additional details about your system configuration.

3- Total Graphic Memory Size ( obtain from Display Properties/Adapter Information- Memory Size)

In the meantime try building the same show with and without Hardware Acceleration from the PTE Project Options/Screen Tab: Hardware Acceleration (D3D) checkbox and report any difference.

Thanks for help : see my answer : the conclusion is : in my case, don't use Hardware acceleration.

regards,

olivier

Olivier,

all gliches problems come from hardware acceleration. see other answers to other guy.

thx for help