WnSoft Forums

_THE_ pte 5 tutorial ?

Esben

Hi guys,

thanks for all the tutorials. However, I found it very difficult to choose one for my purpose. You might be able to help me out with that?

I used PTE 4.48 quite extensivly over the privious year, but only occationally followed up the the development of V5.

With the final version, it is time to get into it! So, is there a tutorial which covers all features of V5 rather then focusing on very specialized effect tutorials? Preferable as an PDF document, but animated videos are fine too.

Thanks for you recommendations,

Esben

Esben,

I agree with you, there is no one tutorial, however it has to be remembered that the tutorials that do exist have all been put together thanks to the generous efforts of a number of members who have given their time and expertise freely for us lesser mortals to benefit from.

This WnSoft Tutorial Section has been put together over the past few months to try to help people find what they are looking for more easily than was possible previously, when Tutorials were to be found in the general section. However it is beginning to get almost as difficult as before due to the lack of structure. It was suggested that in time some structure would be put in place but this as you can see has not yet happened presumably due to other priorities.

I would suggest that you look at "The Dom's" site which in my view is superb in that it has a sensible structure and contains the nearest you are going to get to a complete set of tutorials. I don't know how complete it is as I suspect that there are probably a number of goodies lurking in the WnSoft Tutorial section that are well worth looking at, and that is why I for one would like to see the same sort of structure being introduced on the forum.

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...ry&cat_id=1

Good luck. I'm sure you realise its worth the effort!

John

Hi to all,

I started to use PTE in August 2006. Whenever I found a piece of information that was helpful to me, I added it to my WordPerfect PTE help file and hyper linked the topics. The hyper links are not working in PDF, but you can search for each topic.

I am indebted to Lin, Al, Dom, Ken, Jeff and many others. Quite often I forgot to mention the author of the post in my personal help file and I sincerely apologize that I have not given due credit to the authors. So if there are any objections to this help file, I do not mind, if the moderators erase this post. I don't want to confuse or upset anybody. The attached file helped me to get a better understanding of PTE and how to use it.

PTE_Help_File.pdf

Hartmut,

Thanks for jogging my memory - in looking through your pdf I realized that I had forgotten about that article on digital AV techniques, and in rearranging my website recently had left it out. It has now been reinstated, so the link should still work. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Esben,

Actually there are two. One is finished and available in French via the Tutorials section of this forum from Cèlou, and one in late process by a cooperative effort between Jeff Evans and I. My portions which concerns Objects and Animations including the shared Projects Options portion is currently available for download on the Tutorials forum here. It includes a complete Keyboard Shortcut section as well as the separately available "Understanding and Using Keypoints" document which is also linked via the Tutorial section.

We will combine and index these two sections very soon then make them available as an integrated PDF document. Eventually I will add more in-depth tutorials as addenda along with a library of associated AVI tutorials.

Lin

Hi guys,

thanks for all the tutorials. However, I found it very difficult to choose one for my purpose. You might be able to help me out with that?

I used PTE 4.48 quite extensivly over the privious year, but only occationally followed up the the development of V5.

With the final version, it is time to get into it! So, is there a tutorial which covers all features of V5 rather then focusing on very specialized effect tutorials? Preferable as an PDF document, but animated videos are fine too.

Thanks for you recommendations,

Esben

I used to put my pdf tutorials on the Dom's web site (I beleive that a couple are still there) but recently I decided to host them all on own web site. If you visit the site, you will find many tutorials on the 'Tutorials Page'.

Visit My Website