WnSoft Forums

trouble registering

targa912

I had been using PTE5.0. Had computer problems over the weekend and had to do some cleaning. Tried uninstall and reinstalling PTE but regs key not excepted. Uninstalled all versions, dl 5.0, still not excepting key. Recieved new key from wnsoft. clear pte and dl again. Instructions from Wnsoft:

1. select and press Ctrl+C key

combination

2. Create text file in any text editor (but MS Word).

3. Paste saved text to it (Ctrl+V).

4. Save this file as pte.txt.

5. Rename the file to pte.key and run it

Think I did that but still wont regsiter. I saved it to MS Word Pad. Could that be the problem? Thanks for any help. I know its me. Just not sure where I'm going wrong!

Bob W

I too am Having this difficulty, see e-mail to WnSoft below

Unfortunately I do not have any text editors other than MS Word and WordPad

and neither save in pte.txt format.

I received your original e-mail, together with attachments and have saved

the attachments in MS Word. The problem arises when I follow your

instructions to register your program (Press - Help | Registration... |

Load Key and then select saved file." ). The attachments show the menu that

I get after doing this. There is nowhere to load the key.

In addition when I press (Help/About pictures to exe) it shows that the

Standard edition is licensed to me.See attachments.

Can you suggest an alternative way. Sorry to be such a nuisance.

Regards

George Homer

Hi George,

Sorry, can't help with your key problem but for future reference in Wordpad (or MS Word) if you click on 'File' then 'Save as...' you can change the 'Save file as Type' option to 'Text Document'. This will save the file with a .txt extension.

Bob, George

All MS Windows come with notepad.exe ... unless you removed it for some reason. Go to taskbar Start - Run - and just type notepad ... if its installed it will open.

MS Word in some cases (due to it formatting) sometimes changes the file size. Your Pte.Key should be exactly 231 bytes.

Have you purchased the Video Builder upgrade and trying to load that key ?

Load that key from the buttons Video and Burn DvD - Video Disc

Still can't get PTE to register! nobeefstu, I have paid for the Deluxe PTE. Are they two separate keys? If so maybe wnsoft is sending the wrong key. I'm just don't know.

Bob W.

You should have two key files, one for PTE and another for the De Luxe activation.

Rename the first key as 'pte.reg' and the second as 'dlux.reg' or similar. Then simply run each key by double-clicking on the file name. The 'reg' extension will automatically cause the key to be written to the registry (where they should reside).

Now, when you run PTE 5, and click on Help/About, you should see it registered to your name, as De Luxe.

Colin

I had been using PTE5.0. Had computer problems over the weekend and had to do some cleaning. Tried uninstall and reinstalling PTE but regs key not excepted. Uninstalled all versions, dl 5.0, still not excepting key. Recieved new key from wnsoft. clear pte and dl again. Instructions from Wnsoft:

1. select and press Ctrl+C key

combination

2. Create text file in any text editor (but MS Word).

3. Paste saved text to it (Ctrl+V).

4. Save this file as pte.txt.

5. Rename the file to pte.key and run it

Think I did that but still wont regsiter. I saved it to MS Word Pad. Could that be the problem? Thanks for any help. I know its me. Just not sure where I'm going wrong!

Bob W

Bob

Follow the alternate set of instructions from Igor. When you double click on the unpacked file key you will find that Windows is blocking the file, follow their instruction for unblocking then double click. It works.