WnSoft Forums

Character size problem - buttons and dialogues

holywood

I have used PTE v4 with great success.

Now that I have upgraded to v5 I have a display problem in main screen and dialogue boxes. It appears that the characters are too big for the buttons and dialogue boxes. Please see attached extracts from a screen grab.

Can anyone suggest a solution, please?

In case it matters, here are some tech points:

OS - XP2 / SP2

Monitor is a widescreen model. I have tried every available screen resolution and it makes NO difference.

Many thanks

John

post-5191-1184879657_thumb.jpg

post-5191-1184879678_thumb.jpg

Sounds as though I've not explained properly. Ken's links appear to relate to user-created buttons.

The problem is NOT with screens I create. It is with the screens that we all use in PTE - the ones that were created by the program authors. See the screen grabs I attached. The screen grabs show what I see on my monitor when I try to use PTE. It is as though the author of the software has used too large a character size.

The example I attached of the Project Options dialogue box is odd. Notice that although the text doesn't fit in the window there are no slider bars at the right and bottom and I cannot drag the sides of the window to increase its size.

John

sorry about that John

could it be your screen resolution needs to be adjusted - i have a standard 19" screen and i run 1024/768 and i do not have your problem --also the default windows text size may have to be reduced -- just a guess

ken

John,

Please set Normal font instead of Large font. Then go to Advanced window in display properties and set 120 dpi (96 by default). Restart Windows. 120 dpi mode - much more correct way to scale interface and controls.

John,

Please set Normal font instead of Large font. Then go to Advanced window in display properties and set 120 dpi (96 by default). Restart Windows. 120 dpi mode - much more correct way to scale interface and controls.

OK I did that and it made NO difference.

Ken suggested changing screen resolution but as I had previously stated screen resolution makes no difference. Incidentally I'm running a Dell 19" widescreen monitor at 1680x1050 but as I say, changing the resolution makes no difference other than stretching or squashing the picture.

John

John,

If changing to the 120 dpi setting did not work ... go back to Advanced Window in Display Properties and try the Custom Setting in the drop-down list. Try the different % ... or better yet ... left-click and drag the ruler/scale backward or forward to adjust. (Make sure to release between drags to visually see new changes.)

Do any of your other program windows/text have the same sizing issue ?