WnSoft Forums

Animated GIFs?

mannybr2003

May I know if anyone has succeeded in using animated gif's to display 'animated' also?

This is something I had been trying to add to my slides.

And would it be possible to see in the future some movements around the screen by the objects such as thumbsize images, and also a little bigger images without waiting for the slides to change?

Is there any plan for employing an internal player for swf or shockwave files in the future?

Thank you.

Guest guru

Since nobody answers your question, I'll tell you what I know.

In the past some members of this forum asked for animated Gifs, and Igor replied he had added this feature to his "todo" list. But as far as I know he's working now on other important improvements. The same for animation effects.

As to Flash and Shockwave files, I cannot say anything for now.

Thanks for your quick response. Maybe I'm just one of those guys always working with PicturesToExe and would want it to get ahead or become a leading tool in ebook creation. Yes, I like to use this program everyday, and eager to be showy of it than all the other that I have. I am into ebook a lot and I test many of those recommended here and those others I find on the net. And I register a lot. I just found some programs could make heavy use of animated gifs which encouraged me to buy programs to create them. I also discovered ways to run websites on a cd without buying any program, and they run with animated gifs as background on each page, and the links are working like in a website. However, the pages are not secured from being copied just like on the webpages. For this reason that I am still looking after PicturesToExe which gives you the option so that the user may or may not be able to print (copy?) a page. However, some things that can be done on cd or on the web are still to be developed for P2E. I just hope they could be developed soon and integrated to P2E. Everything could be done on a CD, including shockwave swf and html browsing and mp3/wav/mid and avi viewing, except that there is no security for the pages one created can keep the user from copying. By the way I've downloaded a lot and tested a lot of the programs of Boxig (Thanks). Many works (a few don't on my pc's). I've tested them on both my XP Home 3.06 ghz with 1 gRam, and on my 4 Win98 pcs. Thanks Boxig, and all of you for your encouraging comments, ideas and advice, as well as all the sample presentations I downloaded, and thanks to the owner of the download site(s).

By the way folks, could you please guide me where I could download the version 4.1. I'm still running version 4.0. (My brother told me he had been registered since version 2.0) and is using version 4.1.

The reason prob'ly why I could only use one mp3 and the rests are midis because I am using a version that is a little behind. I had this customer who brought me 7 selected CD's where songs to use will be selected from and turned into mp3's. He came back and found out I only succeeded using one mp3 and the rests were midi's. I think using of big size files like mp3 and a lot graphics (a single graphics occupy thousand bytes) and I use about 2 thousand graphics (military graphics from Iraq war like American giant ships, giant planes, old and new planes, ballons, and weaponry of many countries) prevents the use of more mp3s. That I think makes the IC's in the processors are a lot of workload, even when one has an Intel 3.06 and a 1gRam.

By the way could you please remember to tell me where to download the latest version of PicturesToExe. Thank you.

mannybr2003@yahoo.com

Thanks Ken. I just visited the page and downloaded and tried to install, but aborted upon seeing it is version 4.0. I think I've seen it before here in the forum, but right now I've visited the 6 pages and could not find it. Maybe I need to repeat one more time before I sleep (it's 3 a.m. now in my place). I didn't even succeed using the Search facility about an hour ago.

when you install it

it shows 4.01 on the header of proggie

we got notification of the update from the yahoo newsletter

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wnsoft_newsl...?yguid=83642608

it also shows as 4.0 but my install is 4.01

quote from the history file

PicturesToExe v4.01 (March 14, 2003)

------------------------------------

* Fixed old bug when presentation run in the synchronized mode. The music

started a little earlier, if the first slide contains a very large JPEG picture.

However all next slides were shown *exactly* at the specified time.

Now the first slide also will be shown exactly at begining of the music.

* Fixed old rare bug in the Startup screen of presentation, if you twice opened the Help window.

* Fixed old bug, if you pressed Ctrl+Enter in the "Comment" field to enter multi-line comment for a slide.

* Fixed several other minor bugs.

+ Preview of large pictures works much faster now (with same quality) in

the Main window of PicturesToExe and in the "Customize Synchronization" window.

+ Improved quality and speed of the full-screen viewer of images (the Main window).

+ Improved quality of gradient filling of background, if screen in Hi-Color (16-bit) mode.

+ Improved the shadow for the main picture:

> It looks much smoothly now;

> You can adjust opacity of the shadow behind the main picture. (Project options |

"Screen" tab | "Opacity". From 0 of full transparency to 255 of opacity;

> The shadow can surround picture around all sides (see "Offset" parameter).

+ Added new default icon for a newly created .exe (or .scr) file of presentation.

The main icon of PicturesToExe is also improved.

+ Added new option: "Auto hide mouse cursor" (Project options | "Advanced" tab)

+ Some improvements in "Main" and "Advanced" tabs of the Project options.

+ Visual Editor of objects is vastly improved:

* Fixed several bugs;

> Added support for transparent GIF pictures (as objects of a slide);

> You can call "Properties" dialog for a some object by double-clicking of a mouse button;

> It's possible to cancel dragging of an object by pressing of <Esc> key;

> To select/deselect several objects, click on an each necessary object holding <Shift> key pressed;

> To select all objects, press Ctrl+A;

> Added "Undo" button to cancel last modification;

> Added Copy/Paste features (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V);

> Improved popup menu when you click right mouse button on the object(s);

> Added hot keys for all actions (see popup menu above);

> Added some other helpful improvements.

+ Produced presentations will start faster now.

+ "Preview" of presentation starts faster.

+ PicturesToExe (Main window) opens projects much faster.

+ Improved "Customize synchronization" window:

> You can start Preview of a presentation from a necessary slide ("Preview button");

> Time-line graphically displays effect duration for the transition points;

> Added vertical graphical lines between sound tracks on the time-line;

> You can adjust zoom of the time-line.

Click "View" button (or press Ctrl+F11/F12 or scroll the wheel of the mouse);

> Improved work of the horizontal scroll bar;

> Added new hot keys: Play/Pause - Ctrl-P, Stop - Ctrl+S, Delete - Del, Add - Ins;

> Click on "New transition" button instantly adds new point;

> Added little improvements in the interface of this window.

+ PicturesToExe correctly informs you, if you add damaged JPEG file.

+ PicturesToExe will show a project name in the confirmation dialog

(if you close not saved project).

+ Added numbering of slides in the Slide list (Main window).

+ Added support of Traditional Chinese language.

+ Vastly improved support of Italian language

+ Added various improvements in interface of the program.

k

Ken, I redownloaded it again and while installing it shows version 4.0 and let it continue. And when I run the program it showed on top as version 4.1. However, if you check on the Help it says version 4.0. I guess that was a minor upgrade error. I think this is the version most of you are using, and I will start using this too. Thanks again, a lot. I can go to sleep now (about 10 minute to 4 a.m. here in San Diego, CA.) :)

Im all for adding new features and improvements ... even when it comes to supporting different file formats.

However, I can reasonably foresee alot of user/player issues arising and additional requests for tools so as enable more control to manipulate these requested new file formats.

Alot of the requested file formats ( avi,mpeg,swf,etc) require various codexs and other progam installs to work or even function. If a user doesnt have these proper files installed ... alot of errors/issues, lockups,etc are enevitable to happen. I just soon not have a user (or myself ) install various support files to enable the playing of my presentation ... and if they are embedded within the PTE executable, then PTEs runtime module will be greatly increase in size ... and are the new files external or internal ?

Alot of thought in approach and basic logistics need attention to implement this functionally and correctly ... then applying this to slide timing and or music sync ? Theres alot of questions that need answering before promoting more user/player issues.

I like PTE for what it does best ... by providing a superlative way to creatively display photos/graphics while timed to music. I just soon see additions or enhancements that continue within this criterior.

Many PTE users ( myself included) also use a program named MMB (multimedia builder) in combination to build presentations ... maybe this is more your style for expansion/expression ?.

mannybr2003

The best ebook program I found for my needs is "EbookCreator". It is only $ 20 and you can incluse flash and protect all your HTML and images.

Boxig,

I already dwnldd and paid for it about 3 wks or a month ago. It happened after I read one of your messages and visited your site to download one sample. It is from the links in that sample that I was directed to its site, downldd a copy and registered though I didn't test it until yesterday. Yet I have not created a single program that really have links that will take me to other parts of the compiled project. I like it as the project works just like any Windows program: it can be resized to any size you want. I am just wondering if it will also play movies or mp3's or any .EXE just like what P2E does (or activate Shockwave to run .swf's or get the animated gif's working?

mannybr2003

Thanks nobeefstu for the voice-of-reason reminder. Although the many requests are made for good reasons of the requestors, Igor must always carefully consider whether they fit PTE. I think you have a very good understanding of much of what is involved and how to integrate other tools into different types of presentations you make. Personally, I found my initial look at MMB to not get me very far very easily. But if what it does were important enough to what I currently want to do, I would give it another try. For now, I can use PTE to do more than I have time to do. As much as I like PTE, it is still the photography part of the deal that drives my use of PTE. Sometimes I find myself more fascinated by the technology than I really want to be. So I also understand that for some PTE users, the gee-whiz fun may be more important. And to others it is strictly "what works best for my business." I'm sure glad Igor has brought such a satisfying program to so many. So thanks again Igor & crew. :)

nobeefstu,

Thanks for reminding me of MMB. I dwnldd and installed it before, but was scared of it after my first 2 projects and so didn't explore much of it. But today I found out there were samples to try and run. I think I'll finally pay for it. My only concern is there are very few visual effects that are attractive, aside from the animations and movie. I tried running a movie on it's own screen. After aborting it, and rerunning the movie, I found that the movie didn't go to restart but started where I stopped it. I'm glad it could run the animated gif's and could play other bitmaps as animated images better than use of animated gifs.

I guess it is a superb program for $40. I'll just need to connect my own pc to get it downloaded on mine and register it. This pc I'm using isn't mine, by the way. You think there's much I have not seen. I just checked it for about 30 minutes only. Maybe you can tell me more with an email (if it is unethical to discuss more of it here; or if it is ok that others may learn about it here, that I cannot tell).

mannybr2003@yahoo.com

mannybr2003,

Well, to set my point in proper perspective ... PTE is the tool to use to create your SLIDE presentations. I incorporate my PTE Shows within MMB to give me the results I may be in need of in producing a total presentation/production package.

PTE and MMB are really 2 totally different tools that serve differnt purposes ... but with knowlege and skill you can become quite creative intergrating the both. To use MMB ... it takes some time and a willingess to learn ... as its not just a pop and drop down menu , press over and its done in a jack flash :blink:

Many users today want to build fast and read/learn less ... PTE leans much closer to this type of user ... this isnt going to happen in MMB. In simple comparison, PTE is the builder ... where as in MMB "you" are the builder and MMB is just one of your tools.

If I recollect correctly ... I believe I guided "Boxig" to try MMB some months past ... and now look at all the many wonders he has produced and shared. Boxig persued and stuck with it in a eagerness to learn. "Tip of the hat" to you Boxig. :D

I already registered MMB but the code has not arrived since yesterday morning. It's running on the 2nd morning now (3:30 a.m. now). I also wrote its vendor, but no response yet. How long does it take to wait before they send, any idea please?

Can you give me some ideas it could do for me? Could I create a midi karaoke player out of it that is really compact and would not require installations of dlls, just the single .exe? :blink: Does anyone of you have any sample of animation created out of it that may be called from P2E? Is it possible to call a index.htm from P2E, by the way? Thanks for everyone's responses

mannybr2003

Another product pop up on my screen that looked and sounded like ebook creator. I thought it was the same, or I thought it was it's latest version /encarnation. And its name is ebookSnap ( I guess ) and I registered it ($50 or 60). It's a compiler for making ebooks, but doesn't make slideshows. It can use animated gif backgrounds, on an html. It can use mp3 but not MID. MIDI is more important to me because it's size is really very small compared to MP3/WAVs, but the program won't run a MIDI. It say's it can make use of flash, stf but I have not tried. I have not mastered html yet that's why I have not made any finish project using html. I don't remember if java will work, but I'm hoping it will as I would like to integrate a few I encountered and used in my couple pages website.

mannybr2003

mannybr2003,

Its great that you already have your creative juices flowing ... but I suggest you get a little more use time with mmb before building anything a bit involved and complex as a beginning project. :blink:

Your best bet at this point, for learning, samples and help ... is to use mmbs forum. It almost rates as helpful and friendly as this (PTE) forum. You will find their forum link from their main site page.

Many of the tools and utilities on the Beechbrook Site are built with mmb ...even some of mine.

You will be amazed of what you can learn to do ... giving some time. :D