WnSoft Forums

Opening a PTE project

Jean-Claude

On my PC, PTE project files (*.pte) are associated with PTE program(apr.exe) .

When I click on such a file, effectively I launch PicturesToExe program , but it opens last project and not the clicked file. Is it normal?

That doesn't happen with Excel, Word or Photoshop for example.

Jean-Claude,

Opening with the last saved PTE project is normal for PTE. I do not see any preferences option to change that. I find that convienient though, when working on a project and having to close prior to finishing the project.

Howard

Jean-Claude

Opening with the last saved PTE project is normal for PTE.

Yes ... but only when opening the PTE GUI directly and not by opening with a .pte file.

You can change the defualt setting by Unchecking the Load Last Used Project located within PTEs GUI top menus -View/Advanced Options/.

--------------------------

As for your Open file issue:

I would check your Windows- Folder Options/File Types and verify the PTE file located there has the proper Open path values ... the path string value should end with a %1. If you are not comfortable in this area ... just reinstall PTE installer again into the same directory to overwrite existing program files. The installer will reset the file type registry setting.

Something has gone a mix in the registry for this issue to ocurr. Things like this happen from time to time,