WnSoft Forums

Off topic

LumenLux

I have just noticed I can no longer open any links that appear in my received email. For example, a link posted in this forum will open just fine. But if that same link is copied into an email to me, it will not open. When I click on the same link in an email, there is absolutely no response. Is this a security setting in Outlook Express that I have inadvertantly changed? Or is it a possible malware intrusion? Or do I need a Windows XP repair?

Lumenlux,

It is an Outlook Express 'Utility' which is a pain in the neck ~ every time Microsoft do an "Upgrade" they auto-switch this 'Utility' back on. It works both ways, if you try to send certain Zip Files, Outlook Express 'strips' them from your EMail and also for Incoming EMails it does the same thing.

See "Attachment" for cure...

Brian.Conflow

post-1416-1186441894_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much Nathan and Brian.

Nathan's link turned out very useful for this problem and likely for future use of the linked site. The cause in my case was not exactly as described on that site, but the info there led me to realize it was a faulty installation of (my normally favorite) Firefox. Brian, I had thought I had that Outlook Express box unchecked, but sure enough when I followed your instructions I found it was indeed checked, and now of course un-checked. Everything is now functioning as desired. Thank you both again.

Related query: Do most folks who use Firefox browser also favor Thunderbird for email?

Related query: Do most folks who use Firefox browser also favor Thunderbird for email?

I use Firefox but do not use Thuderbird as I extensively use the "categories" function in Outlook 2000. This feature was not available in Thuderbird last time I looked. If it was, I would certainly use it.

Jeff

I've been a longtime fan of Eudora and continue to use it. Find it here:

http://www.eudora.com/

PS It's now free to use. :)