WnSoft Forums

ERRORS - ERRORS - ERRORS - Nothing But Errors

DougMPhoto

:angry: I have tried and tried, but no matter what, after this program goes through the 8 minutes of creating a MPEG movie...converting files etc. it starts to burn to my DVD burner...THEN without fail...It says there was an error in the burning...try a new disc...use slower speed, etc, etc.

I have done all that... I have used 16x Memorex at 4x I have used Memorex 4x at 1x ...But to no avail. It won't burn. Wasting a lot of time and DVD's to keep finding out this information.

I am using a Lite-on 16x DVD recorder that I have no problems with burning CD's or other data DVD's.

Used another program (trial version...Disclaimer screen on DVD) to burn DVD and it worked.

Can anyone help me? I am at wits end. I don't want to have to go out and buy another program to burn DVD's. I already upgraded to Deluxe to get this feature.

Guest Techman1

DougM,

I see that your message hasn't been responded to. I guess it sounds like you have tried everything that most of us would recommend. This may be a problem that Igor and team need to look at. If your system is able to burn DVD's using other software, but just not PTE-Deluxe then it's probably something in PTE.

I've seen several people lately having some problems burning from PTE Deluxe, so hopefully the WnSoft team can isolate the common elements that you and the others are having.

Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom at this point, but I didn't want your message to go unanswered. Hopefully it will hit the top of the stack now and will be noticed. You can also send a email to the support team at WnSoft.

Good luck,

Fred

Fred and Ken,

Thanks for responding.... I was starting to feel all alone out here. I have been reading the other DVD burning queries and am going to try a smaller show. Am also going to try another computer and replace an older CD-R recorder with a new DVD burner.

Would switching temp folder to another drive (empty) possibly correct problem? My C drive is getting low on resources and noticed that is where all folders are set in default.

If I do change it to another drive for all settings in video builder, will it remain set to my changes or will I have to change it each time I use video builder?

Also...when you are burning a DVD with VideoBuilder what settings do you usually use:

checked or unchecked??

Create MPEG2 Files?

Create DVD Folders?

Create ISO Image?

My last attempt was ALL UNchecked.

DougM

I have experienced the same problem as you, but it was a while ago when we were still using a beta copy of PTE5. I don't really have a need to write my shows to DVD and only did so to create a tutorial. I have assumed that the problem was solved, but I havn't written a DVD for some time.

However, when I was experiencing problems I did find a work around.

Try this:-

Open PTE5 and rather than creating a DVD, choose the Create AVI file option.

Leave that version of PTE5 on screen when the AVI is created (The AVI is a temp file and if you close PTE5 you will lose the file) Once the AVi is saved open another version of PTE5. This method is like the old way we used to create DVD's with PTE4 using Ulead Movie Factory

PTE5 will allow you to open up more than one version of the software, so don't worry about having two on screen.

Then go through the DVD process again, this time using the AVI file rather than the project file.

Whenerer I did experince your problem I switched to using this method and it always seemed to work for me.

It may get you out of trouble until the main cause can be tracked down.

Hope that helps

Barry

Thanks guys,

I just tried another computer and it burned OK. I will be trying main computer tomorrow and change temp folder.

I noticed also on DVD that some highlights are blown out. Images are fine...color/density corrected and look Ok on pics2exe slideshow, but DVD has blown outs...any suggestions?

Ken...Yeah, I know. One thing at a time. I just listed the things that I am going to try and HAVE to do (change CD, as CD-R is bad....get errors all the time so just use my DVD burner now)

Barry.. thank you too...will try that if other attemps fail on my main computer.

I may have found a Pics2EXE glitch though. Maybe I am doing something wrong: when I set up a show, I check the box to sync slides to music. However...it doesn't sync it. It keeps it a default 4 secs per slide unless I go into timeline and click on to arrange points. What am I doing wrong? It used to be that if I clicked sync to music it arranged timed points automatically.

I found this out after the DVD finally burned. The slide show ended before music and music was cut off. (Another bad DVD...but at least it completed successfully).

Doug

Doug,

Selecting "Sync show" does not change the timing (after all, "sync" mode is now the default setting in PTE v.5, so you don't have to set anything in order to activate it). Four seconds apart is the default "sync" timing, so if you wish to have a different time "on-screen" (between transitions), you can either set this manually through Proj Options and/or Customize Slide, or via the timeline.

With the latter there are several options. You can delete all of the transitions and then set them back up using the "New transition" button, according to the beat of the music as you listen to it "Play", or you can select "Timed Points / Add all points" to spread all transitions evenly over the time of the music.

Or, if you like a little more variety and sophistication, you can manually move the transitions around to coincide with the beats as indicated by the "Waveform". Lots of options in PTE - that's what's so wonderful about it!

:angry: I have tried and tried, but no matter what, after this program goes through the 8 minutes of creating a MPEG movie...converting files etc. it starts to burn to my DVD burner...THEN without fail...It says there was an error in the burning...try a new disc...use slower speed, etc, etc.

I have done all that... I have used 16x Memorex at 4x I have used Memorex 4x at 1x ...But to no avail. It won't burn. Wasting a lot of time and DVD's to keep finding out this information.

I am using a Lite-on 16x DVD recorder that I have no problems with burning CD's or other data DVD's.

Used another program (trial version...Disclaimer screen on DVD) to burn DVD and it worked.

Can anyone help me? I am at wits end. I don't want to have to go out and buy another program to burn DVD's. I already upgraded to Deluxe to get this feature.

Doug I haven't read anyone mention this and it might sound a bit drastic but have you considered reformatting?

I've been using PTE for a very short time and it appears to be a very stable program.

It's a bit lame to say this, but you are using the correct disks, + or - ?

In addition, what's running in the background. Basically I'm saying it's not PTE it's your system running something in the background.

I suggest you reformat and start fresh with latest drivers and don't load/install utilities you don't use much. Also if you reformat make sure you back up the registry and

set restore points. Last thing I want is to start burning and have Norton start up.

I know it's drastic but PTE is worth it, and there's nothing like a breath of fresh harddrive.

You don't say what kind of system you're running.

Good luck, it's only a hiccup.

Mario

Mario,

No hasn't even crossed my mind to reformat. OH MY GOSH..what a nightmare that would be....Trust me ... I don't want to go there!!!!

My burner will burn + or -

As far as programs running...I am going to try today and turn off all Virus, etc. running in background.

:) LOL LOL: Sorry for laughing, I hear that so many times. You know, it's not the nightmare you may think.

As long as you've got your windpws cd and chipset and application disks it's a peice of cake. I'm not patting myself on the back, just stating a fact!

You take your machine to a tech and some will say your full of viruses, malware and the whatchamacallit is conflicting with the doodad that greases

the harddrive spindle.

By the time he's finished flooding you with babble your down on your knees begging him to fix your machine at any price.

In fact he'll probably just re-install the system after formatting, re-install the chipset drivers and bob's your uncle - done.

A few hours work but he'll tell you to come back in a few days, he doesn't want it look too easy. This is why I learn't to do it myself.

Only trouble I have when doing other people's machines is when I have to hunt around the net looking for drivers because they don't

have any disks.

So, when the time comes as it eventually does for most of us, try it yourself. You'll be so pleased with yourself; and then if it don't work,

take it to a tech.... lol lol

Mario