WnSoft Forums

Lost background Music

mightec

I have tried to search this topic but cannot find an answer.

I seem to have lost the background music I have set under 'Project Options' after the music I have setup in 'Customize Slide' has played, can any one help.

I have tried to search this topic but cannot find an answer.

I seem to have lost the background music I have set under 'Project Options' after the music I have setup in 'Customize Slide' has played, can any one help.

I think we need more information to help

1. Can you see your sound file when you browse for it?

2. Is the file in Mp3 format?

3. Can you see your background music in the large white box under the music tab?

3. Does sound play when you put a domest Music CD into your PC?

Barry

Good Morning Barry

Thanks for coming back to me, yes, I can confirm and provide more details. Both music is in mp3 format, I can see both in the 'Project Option' and 'Customise Slide' dialogue boxes and see the background music in the timeline. The background music plays right up to the point where the slide set in the 'Customise Slide' music plays, after that has finished the background music does not then start playing.

So your putting music into the Project options and individual slides too.

Well, PTE can't play both and something has to give. Generally, as soon as you begin to get creative with music you should turn to a music editor like Audacity.

Its free and there are loads of users on this forum. Editing sound is very similar to editing images really.

If you want to mix music and have one track ending at a particular point and another coming in, you will get a better result by using something like Audacity.

You can work in multi-track mode and get your soundtrack just right before exporting it as one Mp3 file. That multi-track file will then be flattened into one sound file.

Now you only have one sound track to add into the PTE project options > Music tab.

Advantages, you control the exact point the next music/sound effect/speach starts. You control the fade in and out of these sound files to get the balance perfect. You can make a soundtrack worthy of the BBC with Audacity and its fun too.

Hi Mike,

Not sure if this will help, I have only ever done one show with Backgound sound also with sound effects on odd slides

but I notice I have :- Dont Interupt sound comments when next slide appears. In Project Options- Music tab Ticked.

And every thing works fine.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Barry/Ray C

I do use Audacity, that's what I used to create the background soundtrack. I thought that I would be able to just add a tack to the slide and that would play and the background track would stop, which is what happens. The problem is that after the slide track has finished playing the background track does not continue to play. I am sure like Ray C comments that I have been able to this in the past. I did try ticking the 'Don't Interrupt sound comments when next slide appears' but this does not overcome my problem. So it looks like having to re-edit the background soundtrack.

"The problem is that after the slide track has finished playing the background track does not continue to play. I am sure like Ray C comments that I have been able to this in the past. "

A couple of us have already complained to Igor about this cutoff of the background music, and he has promised to provide a fix in the next issue of PTE.

Al

Yes I thought that I had done it in the past, however, I have overcome the problem by re-working the background soundtrack in Audacity. But if Igor is looking into it in future versions then that will be a great help.