WnSoft Forums

Convert to a different format

Veronica2

I have converted a few to WMV (Windows Media Video) files for Mac people. I can't remember the details now but I used PTE to create an .AVI file and then I used one of the video tools in Roxio to save it as WMV. There are other conversion tools available if you search Google search using "AVI to WMV".

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&hl=...amp;safe=images

I believe you could also convert it to a .MOV (Quicktime?) file which can be read on a Mac as well. Lin or somebody else may have a better answer but this will get you started.

I have converted a few to WMV (Windows Media Video) files for Mac people. I can't remember the details now but I used PTE to create an .AVI file and then I used one of the video tools in Roxio to save it as WMV. There are other conversion tools available if you search Google search using "AVI to WMV".

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&hl=...amp;safe=images

I believe you could also convert it to a .MOV (Quicktime?) file which can be read on a Mac as well. Lin or somebody else may have a better answer but this will get you started.

Thanks for the quick reply -will do some searching

Veronica 2,

Can you give a little more detail,for example:- Is this a once-off-job' ? ~ or will it be a repetitive activity on

a single Mac PC ? ~ or on multiple Macs ?

The reason I ask is quite simple, If its a 'once-off' job then better to follow the previous advice given above.

For older Mac's which are going to be in contineous use with PTE then you can purchase "Parallels" a program

which allows Windows Applications to run on various Mac Models.

New iMac.20's or iMac.24's will run Windows Applications directly because of their on-board 'Safari' Utility.

You can check this out by bringing a PTE Show to any Mac Vendor and ask them to prove their claims !

Brian.Conflow.

New iMac.20's or iMac.24's will run Windows Applications directly because of their on-board 'Safari' Utility.

You can check this out by bringing a PTE Show to any Mac Vendor and ask them to prove their claims !

Wow, thats quite something. I can't find any mention of this on the Apple website. Could you post a link to this please? I knew that Apple had made their Safari web browser available for the PC, but Windows emulation on an iMac is very neat.

Simon

Veronica 2,

Can you give a little more detail,for example:- Is this a once-off-job' ? ~ or will it be a repetitive activity on

a single Mac PC ? ~ or on multiple Macs ?

The reason I ask is quite simple, If its a 'once-off' job then better to follow the previous advice given above.

For older Mac's which are going to be in contineous use with PTE then you can purchase "Parallels" a program

which allows Windows Applications to run on various Mac Models.

Brian.Conflow.

Thank you all for the feed back

It was for a one off I belong to a photographic forum and we put the weekly entries into one PTE show its ok for the PC but there are one or two that run G5 macs,me i have a PC and An Intel so thats interesting about safari

I personally do not wish to run any Microsoft on my mac.

You are all a great help on hear i must say.

MACS and WINDOWS

Simon and Veronica,

Not going 'too-techie' on you there are many articles on the Web about the New Mac OS.System 10xx

and the new compatibility between iMacs and Windows. Google:- "Apple-Mac and Windows"

There are many major changes on the way in the PC Industry which has stagnated somewhat over

the past years ~ not the least being the new partenership between Microsoft and Steve Jobs of Apple who

are hell bent on bringing the two Systems together, because...(1) Vista Home is facing collapse of its Market

and (2) Apple products iMac -iPod -iPhone are looking for a much broaded market base for its products and

(3) Intel and its Dual & Quad Core products are thinking of going-it alone with their own PC and (4) ACER

have just bought Gateway PCs for $710m plus some Hewlett-Packard divisions. Intel have an interest here.

ACER is now the Worlds 3rd largest PC Manufacturer behind IBM and Dell.

With reference to iMac's and Windows Systems compatibility, no there is not a lot of 'Public Info' about this

that's why I told you..."go see a Mac Vendor" or else delve into the Technical Specifications of the iMac and

see for yourself or alternatively suscribe to www.zdnet.com (Newsletters) ~ it's all there.

I briefly mentioned 'Safari' ~ iMacs Web Browser ~ actually it's a lot more than a Browser, its a complete

Web-Engine capable of Browsing/Converting anything into Mac Format including Windows IE and OE and

visa-versa (too techie for here).

One thing is very certain, Vista Home will undergo very radical changes within a year much akin too SP-2

for the XP Op.System. Unknown to most SP2 was virtually a complete re-write of the XP.System.

See 'Link' below and Screenshot.

Brian.Conflow.

http://www.icthubknowledgebase.org.uk/macandwindows

post-1416-1188425842_thumb.jpg