WnSoft Forums

Screen Saver

davegee

Has anyone here created a “Screen Saver” in PTE and used it with Windows XP?

If so I would be grateful for any hints or tips on how to get my PTE SCR file to work as a screen saver.

Windows XP only seems to give the option of using a folder of images as a screen saver with various transitions of its own.

Thanks,

DaveG

Has anyone here created a “Screen Saver” in PTE and used it with Windows XP?

If so I would be grateful for any hints or tips on how to get my PTE SCR file to work as a screen saver.

Windows XP only seems to give the option of using a folder of images as a screen saver with various transitions of its own.

Thanks,

DaveG

Hello Dave,

I've not created a screen saver in PTE but I can tell you what little I know until you get a more knowledgable

answer.

I assume PTE creates as you say a .scr file. This .scr file is copied or pasted into your system 32 folder.

That is (assuming the screensaver has been created correctly). all there is to it.

Right click on your desktop, select screensaver and it should be listed there, just select it and adjust settings.

Mario

Dave

Granot our utility writing expert has a small installer which, using an 'AutoRun' instruction will install your screensaver file onto a hard drive automatically from a CD.

This way the recipient of the screensaver doesn't need to know how or where to manually install it.

Take a look here: http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/ Scroll down for 'Install Screensaver'. The Readme.txt file explains all.

I think you'll find this a good way to distribute screensavers on disc.

DEN (NE UK)