WnSoft Forums

Can't create an AVI file

AprilBird4

This is basically the same as Digicam's problem. I read the whole post, but never really saw an answer.

I've downloaded the trial. I'm thinking I don't want to get the DVD builder. I have so much software that does the same thing. I use Pinnacle's Studio Plus for my video editing. I just want to burn an AVI I can pull into that to make into a DVD.

I've read the tutorial and had already done what it was showing. But I do get a different screen at one point.

I choose to create an AVI and that I want DVD and for Pinnacle. From the button I am seeing, I expect I should leave P2E open, minimize and open the AVI file in Studio.

I can find the AVI in my folders while P2E is still open. I can click to play it, but get no picture only sound. I assume this is because it is really a temporary file. If I click the 'finsih' button in P2E, the AVI file will then be gone.

If I leave P2E open, open Studio and pull in the AVI file, I get the same as if I just tried to play it. Sound, but no picture.

I have XP, not Vista like Digicam. My version of Studio is 10.7 (not the most current, which is 11, but still not THAT old)

I did try to create the DVD using DVD builder, but it wouldn't play on my DVD player. I did think I would try again, in case it was something with the DVD.

I love the slide shows with P2E. I wish I was creative and artistic as some of these other folks, but... My main goal is slides shows of the kids for family far away. I like the screen savers and executables for me, but most folks I share with don't even have computers, so DVD is what I need.

HI friend, I think Cucusoft Mpeg/Mov/RMVB/DivX/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD Converter Pro can help you , find it at http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-burn-v...PEG1-MPEG2.html

This is basically the same as Digicam's problem. I read the whole post, but never really saw an answer.

I've downloaded the trial. I'm thinking I don't want to get the DVD builder. I have so much software that does the same thing. I use Pinnacle's Studio Plus for my video editing. I just want to burn an AVI I can pull into that to make into a DVD.

I've read the tutorial and had already done what it was showing. But I do get a different screen at one point.

I choose to create an AVI and that I want DVD and for Pinnacle. From the button I am seeing, I expect I should leave P2E open, minimize and open the AVI file in Studio.

I can find the AVI in my folders while P2E is still open. I can click to play it, but get no picture only sound. I assume this is because it is really a temporary file. If I click the 'finsih' button in P2E, the AVI file will then be gone.

If I leave P2E open, open Studio and pull in the AVI file, I get the same as if I just tried to play it. Sound, but no picture.

I have XP, not Vista like Digicam. My version of Studio is 10.7 (not the most current, which is 11, but still not THAT old)

I did try to create the DVD using DVD builder, but it wouldn't play on my DVD player. I did think I would try again, in case it was something with the DVD.

I love the slide shows with P2E. I wish I was creative and artistic as some of these other folks, but... My main goal is slides shows of the kids for family far away. I like the screen savers and executables for me, but most folks I share with don't even have computers, so DVD is what I need.

You experience is almost exactly what I am running into. I am using Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 11.

1. I can't seem to create an avi file within VideoBuilder.

2. When I elect within VideoBuilder to use Pinnacle Studio and open Studio (with PTE/VideoBuilder still open), Studio receives the temporary avi from VideoBuilder but I can't seem to create a permanent avi file within Studio.

Most of my slideshows are to be shown on a computer but I want the ability to deliver a video version, hence Pinnacle Studio.

While the new help PTE/VideoBuilder help file is wonderful, it is not specific enough (and probably was not intended to be or else it would be a library) to get me thru this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this specific problem and successfully figured it out? If so, please help us!

• 3 weeks later...

Above is where you are going astray.... This process is for creating a DVD and PTE only uses an AVI "template" to allow Pinnacle to pick up the transitions and images. There is no permanent AVI created. You need to use "Custom AVI" to create a stand-alone AVI which can then be used with other software. However, for the additional $20 I would strongly recommend buying the Video Builder (Deluxe version) which will greatly simplify your life.

Lin

• 3 weeks later...

The holidays are coming......I want to do slides show and put them on DVD for the family. I thought I would try again to get help.

To Lin:

Above is where you are going astray.... This process is for creating a DVD and PTE only uses an AVI "template" to allow Pinnacle to pick up the transitions and images. There is no permanent AVI created. You need to use "Custom AVI" to create a stand-alone AVI which can then be used with other software. However, for the additional $20 I would strongly recommend buying the Video Builder (Deluxe version) which will greatly simplify your life.

I don't want a premanent AVI. I do just want the temporary one for Pinnacle to pick up. I've followed the directions to do so(including leaving PTE open until I'm done with Pinnacle) and I just can't get it to work. Sound, but no picture (in Pinnacle or anywhere else)

I'm not comletely opposed to paying the extra $20 bucks, Lord knows I've done that sort of things enough times, but that's exactly why I'd like to try and avoid it. I've got several DVD authorizing softwares and "duplicate" software of many kinds. I'm trying to 'kick that habit'.

I will most likely be doing videos and slides show as several chapters in the DVDs I send out and most things will be done in Pinnacle. I'd really like to be able to import the slide show into Pinnacle and make it work. Kind of sounds like others have the same issue.

I still have not purchased PTE. I've been waiting to see if I'm going to go 'deluxe' or not. Does the fact that I haven't purchased it possibly have anything to do with it?

Also, if I do purchase PTE, I will get support. Will I have more help/luck then, do you think? If I get PTE and give up and decide to get the DVD builder, can I pick that up for just the $20 or do I have to do the "deluxe" to begin with or it will cost more to upgrade later (hope that makes sense)

April S.

Select the radio button - DVD-Video Disc. In your checkbox options ... you may need to check or uncheck the option to use For Pinnacle Studio. Your version of Pinnacle Studio may have changed/updated its import requirements and the checkbox may no longer be required in PTE options.

Also try various checkbox options to see if import to Pinnacle Studio is successful.

I have seen newer versions of Unlead not able to import when using the Unlead checkbox. Removing the Unlead checkbox allowed the import successfully. Your version of Pinnacle Studio may be suffering the same issue.