WnSoft Forums

Flag waving

neil

Hi Neil,

In all probability what you saw in Proshow was an AVI movie clip of a real flag blowing in the breeze. It's possible to use a movie clip with Proshow but PTE doesn't support drop-in movie clips. You could use an inexpensive decompiler to break down a movie clip of a flag blowing in the breeze into individual jpg's and play them sequentially for the same effect. There is no good way to simulate this by altering an entire image but it could easily be done by repeating a simple clip by creating a PNG file where the actual flag portion changed sequentially.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello,

Could anyone tell me is it possible to have the effect of a flag blowing in the wind in PTE?

I have seen this in slideshows made with Proshow,but not PTE.

Thanks

Neil

Neil

I support what Lin has said, I use Blaze Media Pro to decompile an .avi file and subject to the number of Frames per Sec of the original .avi, I run the slides with the appropriate time delay. I have just completed a 1m 44sec .avi video using 2600 slide, I am very happy with the result.

Hi John,

Here's a tiny sample of a flag waving. A 12 imag GIF animation was broken down into it's component files then made into small png files and played in PTE at 100ms per image:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/flag.zip

Lin

Neil,

Would it be possible for you to let us see the sort of results one can get with this process? I have heard it mentioned before on the forum but don't recall seeing any examples.

Regards

John

John

Not sure if you were addressing your request to me (mightec).

If you were below is a MediaFire Link, but be aware it is 98MB. It is done using the Blender Foundation process, which generates about 600 slides, one per frame, you can then place these into PTE and you have a 20th Century Fox type Introduction. Alternatively, you can just decompile an .avi file and you have the same effect.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5b1m3dholxm

John

Not sure if you were addressing your request to me (mightec).

If you were below is a MediaFire Link, but be aware it is 98MB. It is done using the Blender Foundation process, which generates about 600 slides, one per frame, you can then place these into PTE and you have a 20th Century Fox type Introduction. Alternatively, you can just decompile an .avi file and you have the same effect.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5b1m3dholxm

I seem to have seen this idea before ;)

Ron