WnSoft Forums

"Te Deum"

fh1805

This short sequence is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jdxcd19buv

It was produced as my offering for an evening at my local photographic society called "Chairman's Challenge". We were each given four short pieces of music, varying in length from 1m 30s to 3m 05s and asked to build a sequence of images set to one of these pieces of music. The idea was to explore the different interpretations of the mood of the music when matched to the mood of the images. The four music items were: Charpentier's "Te Deum", Dvorak's "Melody in F", Grieg's "Prelude from the Holberg Suite" and by way of contrast, an orchestral arraangement of Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust".

I had taken these images during a weekend break earlier in the year, so chose to use them with the shortest piece: Charpentier's "Te Deum".

I would welcome any feedback - positive or negative.

Hi Peter,

A difficult task to choose fitting images but I believe your choice was appropriate. My only suggestion for possible improvement would be to use non-linear smooth on the zooms to prevent the rather abrupt stops.

Best regards,

Lin

This short sequence is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jdxcd19buv

It was produced as my offering for an evening at my local photographic society called "Chairman's Challenge". We were each given four short pieces of music, varying in length from 1m 30s to 3m 05s and asked to build a sequence of images set to one of these pieces of music. The idea was to explore the different interpretations of the mood of the music when matched to the mood of the images. The four music items were: Charpentier's "Te Deum", Dvorak's "Melody in F", Grieg's "Prelude from the Holberg Suite" and by way of contrast, an orchestral arraangement of Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust".

I had taken these images during a weekend break earlier in the year, so chose to use them with the shortest piece: Charpentier's "Te Deum".

I would welcome any feedback - positive or negative.

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the suggestion about non-linear zooms. I'll read up on that in your User Guide and give it a try (Might be back later with some "help, please" questions!)

Hi Ken,

I don't quite understand what it is you prefer. I uploaded only the one sequence. Are you saying you prefer rock music to classical? If so, that's OK by me.

Lin,

You're stood down from further help on "how to do non-linear zooms". Your User guide took me through the steps with no problems once I had accepted your message in the text (reading between the lines as it were) to "don't ask why, just do it this way".

I've changed to non-linear zooms and there's no doubt the start and end of the zooms is much smoother. Unfortunately, on the first of the zooms I now get an annoying interference pattern generated from the tops of the chairs during the "up slope" part of the zoom profile.

Is there anything I can do to counteract this?

Hi Peter,

I noticed some of this on the original too. It's because of the slow start on the non-linear smooth causing the typical "glitter" pattern on overly sharp objects which is an artifact of the changing size. Try clicking on the "blur" in the Properteis tab (objects and animations screen). If that isn't enough to ameliorate it, select the tops of the chairs where the "glitter" appears using Photoshop or your choice of programs and apply a guassian blur at about 1%. If you have problems with this, post the image where you are having difficulty and I'll "treat" it for you to eliminate this issue.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

You're stood down from further help on "how to do non-linear zooms". Your User guide took me through the steps with no problems once I had accepted your message in the text (reading between the lines as it were) to "don't ask why, just do it this way".

I've changed to non-linear zooms and there's no doubt the start and end of the zooms is much smoother. Unfortunately, on the first of the zooms I now get an annoying interference pattern generated from the tops of the chairs during the "up slope" part of the zoom profile.

Is there anything I can do to counteract this?