WnSoft Forums

Preview of New Show

cagney123

I'm working on a fun show from a holiday tour we took in October. Most people stick around Albuquerque during Balloon Week, but we like to get out of town while folks from all over the world come to our hometown. They have fun here, and we make extra space for them. We usually go to Utah and enjoy the change of scene.

One of my favorite music composers died this year...Basil Poledouris. If you like movies then you probably have heard his work. He was one of the top Hollywood composers. It is an amazing task to create art on demand...and few can do it. Basil was one of the very best...everything from Robo Cop to Lassie. What an incredible range.

This is a very short preview with the Opening Theme from On Deadly Ground, by Basil. I hope you at least appreciate his music.

As for my work, I may very well regret doing a preview as it is short and to the point...an easy download and easy viewing. 2 minutes plus. The longer version of this holiday will require sitting down with your favorite beverage and taking about 15 minutes of your time. I think it is worth it, but each project is like giving birth, and oh what fun...I can't thank the PTE team enough, without whom I wouldn't be able to enjoy my life and express myself so well. In other words, I'm very biased about each new work, so I leave it to those who haven't put their heart and soul into this particular venture, to decide if the full length version is worth the time.

Until that time...

Jeff

I'm working on a fun show from a holiday tour we took in October. Most people stick around Albuquerque during Balloon Week, but we like to get out of town while folks from all over the world come to our hometown. They have fun here, and we make extra space for them. We usually go to Utah and enjoy the change of scene.

One of my favorite music composers died this year...Basil Poledouris. If you like movies then you probably have heard his work. He was one of the top Hollywood composers. It is an amazing task to create art on demand...and few can do it. Basil was one of the very best...everything from Robo Cop to Lassie. What an incredible range.

This is a very short preview with the Opening Theme from On Deadly Ground, by Basil. I hope you at least appreciate his music.

As for my work, I may very well regret doing a preview as it is short and to the point...an easy download and easy viewing. 2 minutes plus. The longer version of this holiday will require sitting down with your favorite beverage and taking about 15 minutes of your time. I think it is worth it, but each project is like giving birth, and oh what fun...I can't thank the PTE team enough, without whom I wouldn't be able to enjoy my life and express myself so well. In other words, I'm very biased about each new work, so I leave it to those who haven't put their heart and soul into this particular venture, to decide if the full length version is worth the time.

Until that time...

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I wait with great anticipation for the full version. What fantastic images and music Jeff, I remember how much I enjoyed your other show called 10 years ago. I was not aware Basil Poledouris had died this year ( not up to date with events in the film industry ) and what a nice tribute the full version of your show will be when complete. Once again well done and thanks for sharing it and will now watch it for a second time with joy and envy.

Regards Paul

Hey Ken...if you were a teacher you would have to keep me after school...I really need one on one help. Why can't I remember to post the link to my very own show. I guess it can't be said I have a huge ego or I would know how to point people to my own work. As always, thanks.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your work.

Your pictures are amazing and beautiful , especially the first ones and the last one.

The music is just perfect. I didn't know this composer. What I heared gave me the feel to discover his other scores.

About your slideshow, I think some pictures are a little bit redundant.

And I think you could improve your slideshow if you would change the rythm a little bit when the music becomes more "dramatic".

I could easily imagine some light pan and zoom on some of them.

Just suggestions.

I'm definitely look forward to the full version ! :)

Thanks for the comments. I agree for the most part. A little more movement would have fit nicely. And the cliff shots get redundant...just difficult to pick which one is best...and of course anything nice with my dog Sammy is also quite difficult to cut. I would warn you that the full version might even be more redundant. Trying to balance art with a photo journal of a week long trip gets tricky for me. I have thought about just going for art with past photos and just mixing it to music as the mood presents itself...instead of working with photos from a one week trip and keeping it about the trip. Take the music and put images to the music. Sounds like a good idea for my next project.

Again, thanks for taking the time to watch the show and give feedback. It is always welcome.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your work.

Your pictures are amazing and beautiful , especially the first ones and the last one.

The music is just perfect. I didn't know this composer. What I heared gave me the feel to discover his other scores.

About your slideshow, I think some pictures are a little bit redundant.

And I think you could improve your slideshow if you would change the rythm a little bit when the music becomes more "dramatic".

I could easily imagine some light pan and zoom on some of them.

Just suggestions.

I'm definitely look forward to the full version ! :)

Hello Jeff,

I think this promises to be another of your most interesting shows. Your dog amazes me also, he/she seems to love heights, and standing on the very edge of huge drops! I don't know too many people who would go where that dog goes.

To a non-American, the Utah scenery is just wild, untamed, compelling, breathtaking, and your choice of music, as always, is unusual, and excellent.

Bring on the full show!

Colin

Hello Colin...and thanks for the comments. My dog, she, amazes me too. She will be 7 years old in February and is still very puppy like. Being near 100lbs and swift of foot is quite a feat. My former dog, Buck, also liked standing at the very edge of cliffs...the only difference is he stood there while I filmed him, just like a movie star, whereas Sammy never stops moving. She is quite difficult to shoot.

I have to start working on the full show again as I managed to totally trash my computer...so it may be a bit before the show turns up, and by the time it does everyone will have forgotten my preview. As my students like to say...Oh Well.

Thanks again Colin.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

I think this promises to be another of your most interesting shows. Your dog amazes me also, he/she seems to love heights, and standing on the very edge of huge drops! I don't know too many people who would go where that dog goes.

To a non-American, the Utah scenery is just wild, untamed, compelling, breathtaking, and your choice of music, as always, is unusual, and excellent.

Bring on the full show!

Colin

A tantalising glimpse of your coming show Jeff. I will eagerly await the completed work.

You matched the wonderful images to the music very well, I may have missed it in your earlier post but what/where is the location?

I loved the shot of the empty chair, just waiting for me to sit down and take-in the view.

Thanks.

Hi John...thanks for stopping by.

The full show may be delayed as I managed to completely fry the hard drive that had all my work. I was nearly done, just needed to find the right music and mix it together. Luckily I had put most of my photos on another computer, but I still need to totally rework the show. I wasn't quite happy with the music I was putting together, so maybe it was fate taking a hand.

As for the location...near Canyonlands National Park. I can't go into the park as dogs are extremely restricted and I enjoy having Sammy with me. The rim isn't in the park{the chair scene} but the view below is in the park. They even have a rule where you can't have a dog in your vehicle while driving through certain areas. Strange, but understandable with the way people tend to abuse their freedom.

The chair was a nice surprise and it was nearly the first shot I took. I got the exact same feeling you did when I saw it sitting there. And what a view. By the way that picture is the scene where we watched UFOs for an hour back in the early 1990s. More on that later.

Thanks again John. I'll keep pluggin away at the show and see if I can manage to get something out before too long.

Regards,

Jeff

Until that time...

Jeff

Jeff -

I certainly enjoyed the preview. Can't wait for more. I like how you get "out there" to do your photography. It makes me want to grab the camera and head for the hills.

Regards,

Dave

Hey Dave...I know the feeling very well...of wanting to pick up the camera and head out there.

I just downloaded your show with the motorcycle camping in the UP and other midwest places. I loved it.

Glad you put a link at the end of your post.

The ending was perfect. Where was the Ghost Town near what looks like Lake Superior?

Also, there was what looked like a fort in another area...where was that?

Great show, right up my alley...opening with a campsite...just wonderful.

My oldest, dearest friend lives in the UP. He is president of Baybank. I haven't seen him in about 15 years, but we are still close.

Thanks for stopping by..and I will download more from your site.

Jeff Lunt

Jeff -

I certainly enjoyed the preview. Can't wait for more. I like how you get "out there" to do your photography. It makes me want to grab the camera and head for the hills.

Regards,

Dave

Hey Dave...I know the feeling very well...of wanting to pick up the camera and head out there.

I just downloaded your show with the motorcycle camping in the UP and other midwest places. I loved it.

Glad you put a link at the end of your post.

The ending was perfect. Where was the Ghost Town near what looks like Lake Superior?

Also, there was what looked like a fort in another area...where was that?

Great show, right up my alley...opening with a campsite...just wonderful.

My oldest, dearest friend lives in the UP. He is president of Baybank. I haven't seen him in about 15 years, but we are still close.

Thanks for stopping by..and I will download more from your site.

Jeff Lunt

Hello Jeff -

Glad you found a show of mine that you enjoyed. There were two historic sites in the show: the first was Fayette Historic Townsite within Fayette State Park. (http://www.exploringthenorth.com/fayette/town). The second place was Fort Wilkins within Fort Wilkins State Park at Copper Harbor, MI (http://www.copperharbor.org/fort_wilkins.html). Like all of my outings, I wish that I would have stayed longer and taken more (and better) pictures.

Have a great day Jeff.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Jeff,

Captures the mood and scenic wonder of the SW. Basil's music is perfect.

best regards,

Lin

Until that time...

Jeff

Hey Lin...thank you very much. I had just downloaded your latest show and was about to send you

a little feedback. I'll post directly right after this. I pretty much felt the same about your latest. Mood and feel is

very important to me. Of course having an incredible subject sure helps. Thanks again.

Jeff

Beautiful Jeff,

Captures the mood and scenic wonder of the SW. Basil's music is perfect.

best regards,

Lin

Until that time...

Jeff

Jeff -

I just finished watching the full length version of your Utah adventures. Very impressive! The settings, the images, the music, all of them hooked me in ways I can't express. You struck a chord in me for sure. Regarding the music, I was familiar with Basil Poledouris, but not the other artists or music. Would you mind repeating what your last slide says regarding the music.

Again, well done. Please take some more trips, please!

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave...and thanks for the comments. I know we like similar stuff, as I've seen your shows...and I put in a couple of extra camp scenes that I might have left out...except I really enjoyed what you did on one of your shows. Seeing a spot from an on the road, in the open air and in the field is the way to go.

I should have mentioned when I posted the show that you can freeze any frame by hitting the space bar. The music stops too, so that the timing between

image and music doesn't get off.

The titles for the music were...and I'm doing this from memory as I don't have time to run the show, The Straight Story, Green Card, More Music from Gladiator, 300, and another cut from The Straight Story. In many cases I rearrange the soundtracks and take a lot of time mixing parts, as in taking 3 or 4 cuts and mixing them into one piece...obviously this only works if they're written in the same key, or a complimentary key. This music was taken pretty much as is, so you won't buy the CD and

then wonder, "Where is the track Jeff used?" The composers were...my favorite, Hans Zimmer, Green Card and Gladiator... Tyler Bates, 300... Angelo Badalamenti, The Straight Story...and of course the opening with Basil.

If I have forgotten one of the composers I'll get back to you.

Always good hearing from you...and I will try to take as many trips as I can before I drop.

Jeff

I just finished watching the full length version of your Utah adventures. Very impressive! The settings, the images, the music, all of them hooked me in ways I can't express. You struck a chord in me for sure. Regarding the music, I was familiar with Basil Poledouris, but not the other artists or music. Would you mind repeating what your last slide says regarding the music.

Again, well done. Please take some more trips, please!

Regards,

Dave