WnSoft Forums

Problem re-naming images

stonemason

I have just finished a slide show and as is my normal custom I went to the light box and re-named all the slides I had used in the show, to reflect the order in which they appear, ie 01.jpg, 02.jpg...etc. One particular slide I had used 3 times throughout the show and when I re-named the first one (01.jpg) the remaining 2 also changed their names to 01.jpg. However when I tried to save the pte file PTE told me that it could not find 2 pictures both with the same name and both copies of the original 01 slide. Is there any way to get around this other than what I had to do which was to delete the 2 copies from the show then re add them as copies of the original but now re-named slide.

Regards

Geoff

Ken using the lightbox the originals are re-named using V5 but PTE does not appear to track the changes if a slide is used more than once. Although in all the windows the copy slides all show the new name, the problem only appears to show itself if you try to save the pte file or run a preview.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Verified your findings with Lightbox.

If the file is renamed in the “Lightbox” before you add a duplicated file – all is ok

If changed after duplicating to the slide list, then error occurs

I guess the work around is to use Ken’s method until Igor has a chance to fix the glitch.

Version 5.1 beta 3

post-14-1194578847_thumb.jpg

If I may use your thread.

Here is another strange glitch with Lightbox you may want to double check. ( not that I would name them this way, just another finding )

Using the English keyboard and the Lightbox renaming files using the two letters together vv & ee there seems to be a problem.

For instance vv.jpg or ee.jpg does not work right.

All other letters on the keyboard work ok. - ss – gg – hh – rr – yy.jpg and so on.

If I rename a file using one letter v or e – all is well ( for instance v.jpg )

If I use 3 letters vvv or eee – it is also ok

When using 2 letters (vv ) or (ee ) – it is not renaming properly. ( Example vv.jpg or ee.jpg )

Lightbox version 5.1 beta 3